Just had this message blocking me out: Is it my computer or a Nottstalgia fault?

502 Bad Gateway

The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

Hmmm! Now there's a thing. It must have gone away or I wouldn't have been able to mention it here. Has it only gone temporarily though?

Some problem with the servers routers at a rough guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else been having general internet problems at the moment .

I'm with Plusnet and since Saturday night have mostly been unable to connect , though haven't seen news about it apart from below that I found on the Plusnet site .

Been forced to visit Wetherspoons to make use of their wi-fi for the last two days ! My son got a message from EE about his service at the weekend being affected by some damage too .

Since about 6pm tonight it's been better , though certain sites like the family history site I use is down .

These were some messages on the Plusnet site .

01/09/2014 @ 10:01

This is an update to our previous posts about connectivity problems affecting a large number of customers.

The problems have now been resolved and all customers will now have reconnected to the internet.

If you are struggling to connect to the Internet then please try logging into your router and hitting connect which will solve the problem.

Then this message

Planned BT Network Maintenance - Week commencing 1st September 2014

01/09/2014 @ 14:59

When's this work happening?
Early hours most days this week.

What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.

How long will it take?
Up to six hours each time.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

After initially logging on first thing this morning, I've been bedevilled with this message showing error 508 intermittently. Annoying ! 

'Cull' 'prune' 'spring clean' ..... nice metaphors RR.  Are you this tidy and efficient in your own house and garden?  

• Upvote 1

If that's true, RR, then that's not good.  Private should mean private.  Has anyone else tried this?

• Upvote 1

No I haven't tried it Margie but I agree if it is true then it is wrong. I don't use the PM system very often, but I would not be very happy if my messages, received and sent were being seen by anyone other than the person they were meant for. 

• Upvote 1

Re #15....Utter twaddle RR. Administration assured me that private is just that....PRIVATE !

• Upvote 1

I know there very very sneaky & snide & snitchey worse than being anonymous in my opinion I usually ignore the ones I've had or grass em up, but I'm now going to send my first ever PM! My Granddad always said "you can trust a thief, but never a grass" & my mate Chick rest his soul would have cut you from ear to ear with his Stanley :crazy: 

You must have been in 'Anonymous ' mode. When you pm'd me last year then RR !

• Upvote 1

#20 RR. You got us there Miduck. Lol. That would have been a good April Fool. I wonder how many checked 'Whose on line' and sat with finger poised hoping someone would make a PM. Mwar. No. Of course not! :biggrin:

• Upvote 1