• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

Cheap way to get to America:

A man can lift twice his own weight, so:

Stand in two buckets and lift yourself off the ground. Hold it there. The world rotates at 1000 mph, so in three hours America will appear under your feet. Drop down to the ground. Just watch the airlines go out of business when people latch on to this money-saving idea.

Too much imbibing last night was it Chulla.

You'll come down to earth later. LOL

Here's my sensible top tip. It actually saves quite a bit of money and works too! Take a skirt/trouser coat hanger, (obtainable FREE from outfitters - they are usually glad to be rid of them) and cut off the clips at the ends of the bar. Seal the cut ends with something hot such as a soldering iron or simply press the end on to a hot gas burner. Hey presto! Free bag clips that can be used in the cupboard, fridge or freezer.

1. The hanger:

IMG_3775.JPG

2. The clip. Note the sealed end to prevent the clip from sliding off the bar:

IMG_3771.JPG

3. The application. (Apologies for the blurry image)

IMG_3777.JPG

• Upvote 3

I feed the birds and I have 2 wire baskets that hold suet blocks. The blocks are not that expensive, but I found I was going through them quickly. Now I buy the cheapest sliced bread i can find, and chunky peanut butter when it's on offer. I sandwich 2 slices of bread with the peanut butter, then spread it on the outsides of the sandwich and dip them in bird seed so the peanut butter on the outside is covered. Put them in the baskets and voila, the birds love them and they tend to last a bit longer than the blocks.

• Upvote 2

Peanut butter never seems to be on offer here in Scotland but I like the idea and will give it a try this coming winter.

I have a theory that it's a bit like magpies being attracted to bright things. Birds flying overhead look for shiny, newly-washed cars or sparkly white sheets out to dry, just so they can dump a bomb-load of crap they've been saving up specially.

But isn't it supposed to be lucky though, if a bird craps all over you?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My son did that regularly when we lived in a village 2 miles out of our local town in Herts. Even 12 years ago the taxi fare was £5 for the short trip ........ better to spend that money on a takeaway!

• Upvote 1

lovelace was amused when a blackbird crapped on me in Devon and said its good luck, she changed her tune on the seafront later when a seagull got her ,she was very tetchy when I reminded her it was lucky too! mind you it was lucky the club was open so she could wash her hair and clothes ,it was very hard not to laugh.