Switch the gas off when you turn the bacon/sausage/steak over.

Turn the windscreen wipers off when going under a bridge

When next door go on hols plug an extension lead into their outside socket & run your electric gubbins off it. Make sure you unplug it before they come back. (This is a joke, do not do it or plod will get upset)

Leave your curtains open so streetlight shines in & turn room light off.

If on water meter use old bath water to flush bog.

If you have pet hamster/mouse/rat connect exercise wheel to generator to charge mobile phone.

In winter & you've finished cooking Sunday din-dins leave cooling oven door open to heat kitchen for nowt.

When having a shower, wet your body & turn off, soap yourself up, turn shower back on & rinse soap off.

In winter turn heating down & cover yersen in a blanket/quilt/duvet & wear 2/3 pairs of socks + wooly hat.

Tesco's are doing free eye tests at the moment, so get one while they're going.

If on nights save on cost of thick curtains by painting a light bulb black, switch on = darkness. (This is a joke, DO NOT paint light bulbs)

Anyone got any more ??

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

Extension lead from nearest lamp post.

One I saw done earlier this year was a farmer connected a water pipe off a neighbours water supply. He'd had a lot of free water for years until a builder I know discovered it & disconnected the pipe.

The farmer had the nerve to complain to my builder mate !

Where's the 'disappointed' emoticon?

I wasc expecting some real tips here?

Here's one for starters...

Don't dine @Crown Carveries on a Sunday, Its half that price for the same meal the other 6 days!

• Upvote 2

Start a software club, with your mates, take it in turn to buy software, run loads of copies off, extract the security key, (real easy!) and all save a bundle.

Don't throw socks out if one has worn out, just use another odd sock without it's mate...If anyone says you've odd socks, tell 'em you've another pair just like them at home..

• Upvote 1

Re # 4. The squeaking is the hinges on my wallet, they've rusted up through under use, I'll have to oil them with used engine oil (not new oil of course, costs too much) Of course I'll lend you a tenner, at a suitable interest rate of course.

This is true... Mam used to give me a shilling for school dinners at Trent Bridge seniors, there was a chippy on Bunbury st round the corner that did six penny mixes, I used to have one of them & pocket the other tanner. The chippy bloke said sumat to Mam about me coming in every dinner time, she gave me one of the biggest good hidings I've ever had. Ahh well it was good while it lasted. :)

• Upvote 1

When you buy a new Blouse, T Shirt etc. They usually have little loops of coloured ribbon on the inside of the shoulders (Never sure what for). Cut them out and save them, use them for tying wrapped Sweeties up and hanging on the Tree at Christmas!

• Upvote 1

Where's the 'disappointed' emoticon?

I wasc expecting some real tips here?

Here's one for starters...

Don't dine @Crown Carveries on a Sunday, Its half that price for the same meal the other 6 days!

What? you was expecting sumat serious from me, hmm.... I did have my eyes checked at Tesco's for nowt, I have to have them checked every year as I've had detached retinas so that saves a bob or two..

I was unwrapping a new shirt today, Boy do they put lots of bits of plastic and card in the folding and packing!

Save the little plastic hairpin shaped clips. Use them to re-seal your bread loaf, and throw away that crappy bit of tape.

If you want tips, grab a backpacker that's just returned from Oz !

I've seen em showering on fish cleaning tables, plugging their chargers (phones ipads etc) into the lighting of bbq areas, toilets and even light poles !

Cooking all their meals on the free bbq's in parks and sleeping in the beach shelters and beach car parks.

They come in endless streams and seem to use the same facilities so they must spread the word. Not knocking em, as I admire their ability to do and get away with what they do as cheaply as possible.