• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

I was going to say 'use a charity shop to save dosh' but they don't seem to be so cheap anymore. You can buy new stuff cheaper at Asda, Tesco, Matalan or Primark. Mind you charity shops sometimes have a £1 or 50P rails & I always have a butchers on there.

Dumpster diving is a popular passtime over here in big cities, save a load on what you can find in them.

• Upvote 1

As I am on a water meter, if rain is in short supply all washing up water goes on the garden. Also I switch off ALL appliances not in use. I grudge the utilities companies every half farthing. Just like they are greedy bar stewards.

I used to work with people on the railway who used to fill flasks from the boiler at work to use for their home all day. Now that is TIGHT!

• Upvote 1

IMG_7853.JPG?gl=GB

Home made bag clips are a must for the skinflint. First go to the local clothes chop and scrounge some trouser hangers. They are pleased to get rid of them for nothing. Then:

https://picasaweb.google.com/paul.simonite/BagClips?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPr0jsKg4uGnaw&feat=directlink

All that ink will rub off Mick, not like the "old days" LOL

If you take a bottle of Avon "Skin so soft" and spray it onto a photograph - the ink melts and runs off!

Save money on an expensive audio recorder by finding one in teh hedgerow outside your house. I did this the other week. In order to find its owner I played the recorded material but found no clues.

Alternatively, Find an relatively expensive compact camera on a mountainside. I did this in April but despite adverts in hill walking magazines, paper and internet postings never found the owner.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Went in Bulwell library & it was chocko with people just sitting there, bet they went in to keep warm & turn the home heating off, good for them..

Get in a taxi, tell driver to go in reverse, meter will go backwards, fare will be negative, driver will have to give you money, repeat & become rich..

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I knew him too. He had an outdoor activity business that relied on volunteer help to succeed. He was so tight that he would even buy his helpers a pint after an eight hour session in the hills. His business eventually failed as his helpers all got piss*d off with working hard for no recognition whatsoever.

They still do black & white TV licences: Turn colour down on telly then super glue knob/button in place. When BBC cops turn up show them what you've done & they will say "oh how clever, jolly good show what-what-what, carry on old chap, tally ho" & they'll bu**er off & leave you alone. & you've saved a few bob..

• Upvote 1

You want to wear your duck suit when they call. They'd pi55 off far quicker. LOL

• Upvote 1

#48 don't have a T.V.

They will still knock on your door

Then you can charge them for a "guided tour" of your property.

You could make a fortune as they will need more than one visit before they believe you. :jumping: