Colly should have gone to Aldi for your mint imperials ........only 59p !

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

If I take the missus, she makes me "WHINE" .

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Attach giant magnet to the front of your car, this will be attracted to the car/bus/lorry in front so you can coast in neutral, however keep your engine ticking over to keep brakes, brake lights & power steering working correctly. See how safety minded I am with the engine on tip..

• 1 month later...

This is true... My ex girlfriend would only put Esso petrol in her car, she'd drives miles out of her way for Esso, no other make would do. When I used it I stuck the cheapest in & lied that I'd put Esso in, she never noticed. Best thing is it was only an old banger..

• Upvote 3

I suppose you could say both thinking back, must admit I did go a with some, err - how shall I put it? Munter or 2, lol. Mind you also had some lookers, managed to marry one of them before she got away..

• Upvote 3

From that repository of wisdom 'Viz' magazine.

'Do not waste money on expensive telephoto lenses. Stand closer to your subject.'

:)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I cut my hubby's treats in half............

• Upvote 1

We had a friend who would only take his car out at night as he would never pay his road tax. The only place he used to go though was to the pub arrived 10 25 it was the time when pubs use to close at 10 30. He would my his wife take the bus.

• Upvote 1

I can't be a skinflint in August as most bills seem to come this month, got car & house insurance, car tax, Car service & MOT just done, TV licence & usual gas/electric & council tax DD's. I think I'm going to cry..

• Upvote 1

Never mind Colly, we will all have a whip round for you........Xxx

• Upvote 1

Herself does that Blondie..I get 15 minutes...twice a year!!

Must be doing wrong...........

Some people who are known as skinflints are usually just cautious.......My cousin married a guy, he worked very hard when he left school to get on......He came from a large family, lived in a small slum dwelling where he shared a bedroom with his 4 sisters, they were really poor...........When they married, in 1960, they had a brand new house, he did all the DIY himself........My cousin was not allowed new clothes until the old ones had worn out and the same with the furnishings etc, budget his money down to the last penny, hardly ever gave her money, everybody called him and felt sorry for her, it was a materialistic time..........He was called a skinflint, but actually was only being careful with his money, he knew what it was like to be poor and had no intentions of being poor again.........My cousin had no idea how much money he earned or had until he died, now she is living in clover, thanks to him being a skinflint.........

• Upvote 1

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just relocated from Hobart to Sydney, and had been using a local laundrette as I was a bit short and didn't have the cash to buy a washing machine.

Returning from work one evening I spotted a washing machine on the verge close to my unit. Quick look over, couldn't see anything of any consequence so had a neighbour help me to shift it into my garage. The next weekend I hooked up a hose to the garden taps and plugged it in. It was a top loader so was able to work it through it's cycles. The only thing that didn't work was spin cycle which wouldn't start up. I knew on many machines there is a micro switch which prevents it spinning when the lid is up.

I powered off and lifted the lid, feeling around for the adjustment on the micro switch. Turned the knurled nut until I could hear it clicking when I lowered the lid. Powered it up and the spin cycle started. This was fourteen years ago, and it still runs perfectly - every week.

• Upvote 6

When I lived in Bestwood Village the lady next door but one was moving to Glasgow & was going to dump her old dishwasher, I said "can I have it?" She said "yes but not used for years!" Plumbed it in & it worked perfect for 11 years before going 'PHUT!' I said to SWMBO "we'll not bother with a new dishwasher, we'll hand wash the pots!" This lasted about a week before we got fed up & bought a new one. You can guess who usually ended up washing the pots can't you?

• Upvote 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Borrow your mates hair cutters but don't cut your hair. When you give them back he'll notice your uncut hair & assume you used them to cut your pubes, he'll then say "err, you can keep them!" Result = free hair cutters. Repeat & start a hair cutter stall on Bulwell market & become rich..

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

If ever feeling a bit peckish when in town & you are a bit of a chocoholic in need of a fix then look for a Thornton's shop. Inside on the counter you will find a tray of free samples. ! Pretend to be looking around & when the assistant turns around then take a handful of free samples.

• Upvote 2