Want a cheap holiday this year?  Simply spend an afternoon on the Isle of Man.....it feels like a whole week :)

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

Never Empty the Bath!

If you take a hot bath.. when you get out.. let the water go cold before you pull the plug.  That way, the heat you paid for stays in your house.

You can do this on a smaller scale with the kitchen sink etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got 46%. But some of the questions were not applicable to me, like going on a first date.  That's so long ago there were no such things as 2 for 1 vouchers! 

20% and I thought I was tight :)

Must admit the last question about re-using an old diary nearly was true , as when having a clear out last week , found a 1990s unused diary and wondered if it would coincide with 2017 !

• Upvote 1

I got 84 on the MSE thing, ooer I'm a mega skinflint lol. Spent new year on a line dancing weekend in a hotel  at Stafford & snaffled all the teabags, coffee, sugar & milk sachets, biccies, shampoo & soap out of the room. We were bed, breakfast & evening meal, so I nicked some cobs, butter & ham/cheese from breakie buffet for lunch. There was a Co-op round the corner so bought wine, orange juice & lemonade from there & sneaked them into the dance hall, J2O was £2-20 a bottle at the bar so saved a bob or three... 

• Upvote 3

Sometimes the better half wants to eat Sunday dinner out but I then begin to systematically pull all likely pubs and restaurants apart. Then while we're umming and arring  tell her Id sooner have her Sunday dinners anyway. Kerching saved a bob or two and still in good books

• 3 months later...

Or just drive faster so you get there before the petrol runs out.

• Upvote 2

Tut, tut...... As long as you don't break the speed limit !