• 1 month later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

• 4 months later...
On 16/06/2017 at 11:43 AM, crankypig said:

When you have a shower,put your mucky clothes in with you and trample them to clean them,two jobs done at once.

Done this when camping :crazy:

• Like 1

Cut the cost of photography. 

Don't waste money on expensive telephoto lenses.  Stand closer to your subject.  :)

• Like 1

DO put all your eggs in one basket. ..  You'll save the cost of further baskets.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remember a scally-wag character on some soap buying a new dress on Friday, wearing it to a wedding on Saturday & taking it back for a refund on Monday. Of course she'd spilt something down it & was clocked wearing it at the wedding by a shop worker so the shop knew what she'd done & there was a row. Has anyone on here actually done/tried this?

I'd never heard of Asos either until I wanted some shorts for my holiday. Every other bleddy site was only selling stupid ankle length/skinny shorts, but ASOS have a very wide range of styles, colours and lengths.  You've now all seen my legs so you will appreciate my need to show them off...  :wacko:

ASOS - ‘as seen on screen’. Our daughter used to work for them in advertising and publicity when she lived in London. They’re based in Camden. It’s a hugh organisation. Their distribution warehouse is somewhere up north near Barnsley. 

22 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I'd never heard of Asos either until I wanted some shorts for my holiday. Every other bleddy site was only selling stupid ankle length shorts.  :wacko:

I know what you mean Col. ''ankle length shorts'' they must be the most stupid things invented to wear,,,''along with those awful cut away socks'' 

Nowadays i wear ''Shorts'' that come just above the knee,,and proper 'Ankle socks' that cover the ankle,,,along with proper ''Walking shoes''

Legs a bit 'Skinny'' now,, along with the rest of me.....lol

• Like 2

I wear shorts just about all year round,when my work/every day trousers wore out at the knee I cut them down to about knee length,sew up the hem there we have a pair of shorts,don't like wearing trousers

Rog

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

You've now all seen my legs so you will appreciate my need to show them off

Errr, not quite how I would put it Col...     :rolleyes:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

The subject came up recently with Asos, who I'd never heard of.

You obviously have not got kids living at home? I have DPD knocking on my door at least four times a day, My youngest lad must order a new pair of top brand trainers every week, probably wears them 3 or 4 times, my under stairs cupboard looks like a JD Sports stock room, wish I took size 8. 

Then the daughters stuff gets delivered here in bags,  New Look, Missguided, BooHoo, Top Shop, PrettyLittleThing & Fred Perry, it's non stop! 

Hold on ...... Someone at door :crazy:

• Like 3

Trouser with the knees worn out get cut down to about knee length, sew up the hem on my machine,hey presto shorts, works with any trousers,jeans,combat bottoms

P1070430.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

They look like mine Rog..........but sometimes don't even bother sewing........i'm rough like that ya know,,

• Like 3