You know they are going to fit you round the waist and you don't need your inside leg measuring  :rotfl:

Rog

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

You obviously have not got kids living at home? I have DPD knocking on my door at least four times a day, My youngest lad must order a new pair of top brand trainers every week, probably wears them 3 or 4 times, my under stairs cupboard looks like a JD Sports stock room, wish I took size 8. 

Then the daughters stuff gets delivered here in bags,  New Look, Missguided, BooHoo, Top Shop, PrettyLittleThing & Fred Perry, it's non stop! 

Hold on ...... Someone at door :crazy:

With that list, there's a fair chance that she's wearing something designed by my youngest.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I asked ' er indoors what she would like for our anniversary, she replied, " I'd love a nice animal skin coat ".... So I bought her a donkey jacket !!

• Upvote 3

When I was in America a couple of weeks ago there were water fountains everywhere giving out free tap water, some said "fill your water bottles here!" Yet people were still buying bottles of water instead of refilling. We refilled a couple of pop bottles many times for free every time we passed a fountain. I'm thinking this bottled water lark is one of the biggest cons going, why pay for something that comes out the tap almost free?

• Like 1

I think its sometimes a con. When I first came to live here in Italy I thought it was quite posh ( sort of ) to have bottled water on the table.The water then wasn't very good and tasted awful and I got into the habit of not drinking from the tap as I did in UK. The local water is better now but I still buy bottled water. Its so cheap here as everyone drinks it, but it does increase the plastic waste. We have a lot of people from Genoa, Milan and Turin that have bought holiday homes here and spend their weekends and practice sports they can't do very well in the city centres. We have a lot of joggers passing the house, one day I was outside and one couple asked if they could have some water. I turned to go inside for a bottle and a couple of glasses. No they wouldn't hear of it , they wanted well water. We have never had the well water analysed but they were adamant thats what they wanted as when they were kids they used to stop here and drink straight from the well. They are still jogging so it must have been good. We still buy bottled though. Its all in the mind. But will say that tap water here contains a lot of calcare, so maybe we are right to use bottled.  

I have my own well, no other choice here deep in a rural community. The well was drilled to 550ft and the pump sat at 500ft, now at 480ft due to a very wet sprig we had several years back. Water is naturally filtered by 60 feet of clay and comes through limestone beds, hundreds of feet of them. Water is crystal clear and good to drink.

• Like 1

Only countries I've been to where I was told the tap water isn't safe to drink is Russia & Bahamas, our cruise ship didn't top it's tanks up with drinking water at St Petersburg. All other countries I've been to they said it was safe to drink from the tap, so I did. I nearly always have tap water when we go for a meal....

Had a cup of tea at a meal in America & it was horrible, I should have known better as last time I was there the tea was yuk. John (Ayupmeducks) said in a comment on my facebook page that "Americans don't know how to make tea, they don't boil the water!" I'd make a nice'ish cuppa in the hotel breakfast bar, I'd check the boiler water temp gauge & it was usually around 205 degrees F so near enough boiling...   

Italians can't make tea either. Water from the tap when making tea ( at home) results in a film on top of the tea, not nice, but tap water makes excellent coffee in a Moka coffee percolator. In bars they take the water from the coffee machine and it's nowhere near boiled. They are used to drinking tisane which doesn't require boiled water.

Bummer !! Just bought a Seagull and found out it's afraid of heights. :Shock:  Wondered why it was so cheap !!

• Like 1

The birds I fancy I can't catch nowadays. :sorry:  Do you know, I bought meself a new suit with an extra pair of trousers, burnt a hole in the BL..day jacket !!!

• Like 2
22 hours ago, colly0410 said:

I'd make a nice'ish cuppa in the hotel breakfast bar, I'd check the boiler water temp gauge & it was usually around 205 degrees F so near enough boiling...   

When we had a place in Florida we had to search in several electrical stores to buy a kettle, ended up getting one in Target.  Americans don’t drink tea like us Brits, they prefer coffee and have coffee machines or the old fashioned percolators.   

We had a coffee machine in our hotel room, it made nice coffee but didn't get the water hot enough for good tea so I'd have a walk down to the breakfast bar as the boiler was always switched on. Sometimes I'd get yabbering to the hotel staff on way back & tea would go cold, happened a few times, they were so nice & friendly, it was hugs & kisses for the ladies, handshakes for the men when we left for home & "see you next time you come here!" 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, colly0410 said:

Parents... Install double glazing so the kids can't hear the ice cream van so saving £££'s...

That's a serious parental failing.

They should have used the  "When the ice cream van plays music it's to let you know they've run out of icecream" trick, they've have saved thousands on double glazing.

• Upvote 1