• 1 month later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down here, Oz, local councils do a "large item" collection once a year. That's old beds, fridges, stoves, etc. which you are required to put out on the verge a few days before. Back in 2002 I had just

Keep an empty milk bottle in your fridge in case anyone wants black coffee...

Thats what you think Katyjay, wait till they crap all over your washing Rog

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

...and then later you can hop up the middle.

....You must beĀ joking! Ā  Iā€™d have trouble hopping on the floorĀ these days, let alone going up the stairs. Ā  Can anyone on Nottstalgia hop upstairs I wonder... itā€™s no

good replying in the affirmative unless we can see video footage, though

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Ā  Can anyone on Nottstalgia hop upstairs I wonder...

Having suggested it, I've just tried it. It's impossible - if only becauseĀ I couldn't keep my balance when I landed on the up-step. Don't try it folks.

Ā 

However I've also tried Lizzie's thing, and I did that with no problem.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

When I went to see my Colorectal Surgeon the other week I was on the couch and he asked me to put my ankles together and lift both legs (straight) at the same time.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Well done CT on the abdominal exercises .... mind you, you arenā€™t reallyĀ Ā old yet.

Perhaps you and Jill would like to lead us all in a zoom exercise class?

• Like 1

Catfan, could you hop up just one step? Ā  (Please donā€™t try x) Ā Bet your other halfĀ could,Ā thoughĀ 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

They make such a racket though! You should hear the cars up here in Scotland: rattle-rattle-rattle as they pass.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Mrs C & me not taking suger saves a few quid a year.

We keep a supply in for visitors to have suger in their tea etc.

Stopped buying suger from Tesco just collect sachets of suger from Spoon's or Costa etc.

As I said to Mrs C we have paid for the suger so may as well take it !

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

just read post about "yorkshire"folk A freind of our's married a yorkshire man named Sid, he was very pleasent but his pocket trouses were stitched up.Ā  Sid brought a (Wait for it) brand new Vauxhsll viva and when it went to the vauxhall rip in the sky, it was 18 years old. Never ever from leaving it's place of birth was it ever touched apart from petrol at 1/3 a gallon put in the tank.Ā 

Ā 

Qustion was Sid a skinflint or was the vauxhall well made?

Ā 

having said thst Sid was a loverly man he taught mt how to dance the Square Tango and when it came to Waltz Sid was a perfect gent.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Blocked guttering around the bungalow? don't get out the ladders and start scooping the debris by hand, use the old waste pipe and vacuum cleaner method, length of 40mm plastic waste pipe, couple of 90 degree elbows, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, put elbowed end in the gutter, switch on cleaner and just walk along under the gutters dragging the pipe along with all the debris, simple but effective

Ā 

DSCF1742.jpg

Ā 

Rog

• Like 1

I have posted about it before, the worst buy I have ever made, my German made wet and dry vac would not pull the skin off a rice pudding after five minutes use and the pipes to the vac would block up after attempting to suck any clumps of leaves. There are areas on the patio that I can't get to without going on the rood and that is a no, no.

It's bloody useless but all the others suffer from the same design faults so IĀ find it easier to get someone in with an industrial scale unit. But still a good idea if it works for you.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...