Do you still read newspapers?

I always read the papers. I like the news but the topical articles always tickle me. My son likes the Sun only for the sport coverage and he likes a flutter, but if you like an easy crossword get the Star. I usually read a bit more up-market.

We always have a newspaper but often skip reading it as it is mostly bad news reported anyway and as Banjo says you get enough doom and gloom from the TV news or the internet. If only there was a newspaper dedicated to reporting only good news... That I would read.

• Upvote 2

More often than not the Papers would pile up in the rack until I had to skim through them quickly, so we could get them in the Recycle bin before they were emptied. Mostly the news would be a few days old by then anyway. What we decided to do, was go to the local store and buy three editions of Sudoku each. Every day we have our "Sudoku Challenge" each doing the same page. If we are having a draw, we carry on until we have a winner. A free paper is delivered weekly called The Chronicle, generally on a Thursday. I have to say we do both read that more since we stopped the Dailies. If I sit down I will always be doing Crosswords: Sudoku, Wordsearch and of course Nottstagia. Have to be doing something or I keep nodding off!

:sleeping:

• Upvote 1

Lincoln Echo & Newark Advertiser on Thursdays.

Sometimes the Grantham Journal on Fridays.

Nottingham Post usually "on line" although I do believe it can be purchased as far afield as Skegness.

Smiffy

Who was that bloke who used to shout "Dogeared Po!" when selling the Nottingham Evening Post in town? Is it the same bloke who shouted "Po der nu!" (Post and news)

I hope you wash your hands well Den....

WE had railway timetables,still remember most places between MEXBOROUGH AND WOODFORD,Dad was a goods guard.

• Upvote 1

Just inadvertently touched the wrong button on my iPad. Ended up on Yahoo Celebrity. Good grief, it makes devastating and shocking news. This is just for starters.

Gwyneth Paltrow names new beau as Glee co-creator Brad Faltruk. What the truks so important about this?

Peter Andre has corn-row hair style. Anyone with this style should be deported forthwith.

Joey Essex and girlfriend in saucy selfie pose. Nuff said.

Danielle Lloyd chucks out cheating hubbie Jamie O'Hara. WHO !

North West in modelling debut at 13 months. (Evidently this is the offspring of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West). Pass the gun please.

To top it all, Simon Cowell and son Eric ( is he serious) pose in matching sunglasses.

Turn the flame throwers on the lot of em.

I suppose this is headline news in some rags.

You what, this IS a good mood.

• Upvote 1