Forthcoming events mods might like

Sometimes I find I've missed events I would have gone along to if I'd known in time. Such as the March of the Mods held in Hucknall in March this year.

In October, The Rescue Rooms are repeating their Quadrophenia night. A crowd of us went to this last year, and it was brilliant. Appearing this year are The Modfathers. I don't know this band but I guess some of you will.

If anyone knows of similar events in Notts I'd love to hear about them.

Hi Ann if you look on Soul Source it gives you all the events all over the country. I went to the Polish Club last night for an event called Boogaloo which is mainly Mod themed.

also a big mods and rockers do in manfield bank holiday monday ill let you have the proper details later when i find the poster hosted by the mods its a good day if the weather is fine but theres a big club room if not stalls food drinks and great music of the era both for mods and rockers.

hi susie shoes the event is not bank holiday but the following week 31st august at forest town welfear mansfield starts 11am till 5pm more details on google

i will see if we can make next week for the modest

babs

i was on about mods and rockers do in mansfield 31st aug and ill see if can get to see modest in hucknall

• Upvote 1

Hi Babs saw you last night at the hart, we joint the nostalgia this morning and all this is new to us so patience makes perfect! A goodnight was had at the hart and we'll do it again soon. Mods and Rockers was an exciting time for a 15 year old great new music from America and Liverpool the later is still big big. Cheers will speak soon.

welcome angie it was nice to see you both again last night hope to chat again soon. nice to see you join this the site hope you enjoy and it brings back memories of the old days for you too.

• 5 weeks later...

I have already got my tickets for this one Kevin Greenwood is the DJ. There is also an involvement with Fred Perry too but not sure if it is at the shop or at the cinema but will find out and let you know.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A quick up date on the sorrows gig,we raised £900. We purchased 11 tv's for the ward and 2 bottles of wine plus a box of choclates as a thank you to all 30 staff.Many thanks all that came and supported 'parka's bar' on that fantastic night.

It was great to see alot of original notts folk down there.

Coming up in 2015 @ 'parka's bar'

friday 20th feb. 'UNION GAP'

Friday 17th April 'READY STEADY SIXTIES'

Friday 19th june 'THE FOURMOST'

You can find out more info at 'parkasbar nottingham' on facebook.