Notts: 'Digging tunnels' again come the Springtime?

Had a seat in the Main Stand at Meadow Lane yesterday, as I do occasionally, for the Notts v Fleetwood game.

Not a great day for the Magpies with their first home league game of the season ending in an insipid and dull 0=1 defeat. Notts, in my humble opinion, lost some very decent players over the course of the close season and whilst it was always going to be difficult to adequately replace one or two of them, I expected a little more fight, urgency and determination from a side put out there by Shaun Derry

For the opening home game and considering Notts' terrific and successful fight against relegation last term, I was a tad surprised at many supporters' criticism of Derry at this early point. For me, he's done a very decent job so far with few resources.

Must do better though - or they'll be digging tunnels again when the season moves into the sharp end...

• Upvote 4

Such stories and developments as the ridiculous Munto fiasco are alluring to all football fans - especially those whose clubs are cash-strapped. A little like somebody supposedly offering half a billion pounds to rename a provincial football stadium of no particular note around the world.

Something I've observed - and this is not aimed at anyone on here - but I find it a shame that the modern game appears to have made accountants out of all of us football fans. We used to talk about great players, like Baker, Robertson, Storey-Moore, Masson, Lawton etc. Now our conversations sadly revolve around share issues, Bosman rulings, takeover bids and sponsorship deals.

Bring back the old days I say!

• Upvote 1

Notts Co having poor start to season,already hit by injuries,Shaun Derry the manager could turn out for em tonite,

would love to help em out as a ball winning midfielder,but my legs have gone,as well as my Hair,Teeth,Height and most other things.

• Upvote 1

my legs have gone,as well as my Hair,Teeth,Height and most other things.

Looking at Notts midfield line up last Saturday you've got the perfect credentials to get on the team sheet next week, Benjamin.

• Upvote 1

Re #10 benjamin, what about your mind? LOL

• Upvote 1

A tad more of the Walter Mitty I suspect benjamin !

• Upvote 1