Tatties a disaster this year.

Lost about 40% of my tatties to blight this year. However, I have had some success so not all is lost:

Mayan Twilight variety:

IMG_0718.JPG?gl=GB

Anya salad potato:

IMG_0716.JPG?gl=GB

My spuds were verry good this year four wheelbarrows full.(ten rows)

I have about five sacks in my out house also good this year runner beans,spinach,broccoli,cabbage,courgettes & leaks.

I don't have much of a slug problem the frogs deal with those although I did loose four courgette plants to the little blighters.

Blight I've not had much blight on my plot with any variety of potatoes.

Picasso are a good cropper and make a good baking potato.

I had a jacket potato tonight it was nearly a pound & a half in weight.

• Upvote 1

Not potatoes

But my cauliflowers a a total loss plenty of green growth but no CAULIFLOWERS.

It's the only failure I've had this year .

I'm even pulling my second sowing of carrots & beetroot.

Rabbits has my second sowing of both carrots and beetroot.....and the first too!

All round it's been a good year this year. Runner bean Firestorm has already produce enough to freeze a years supply and is still going strong. The white onions did well up to 4lbs each, though the red onions weren't very good. All the toms did/are doing well SWMBO's already frozen loads of home made puree and tomato soup. Blueberries and blackberries by the pan full. Fist year I have managed to get away with very little caterpillar damage on the brassica's SWMOB informs me she has found 3 in total this year. Spring onions, radish's and mesclun have/are also done well

Spring cabbage and curly kale ready to go in their final pots.

All in all a very satisfying year with a couple of months yet to go. Well down this neck of the woods any road.

I'm not much of a vege gardener its now coming spring here in Tasmania and I've just planted some Dutch Cream seed spuds.Now I just dug a trench about 3 or 4 inches deep and just put em in just as they are what do you reckon guys? will I get a crop?

Farmers usually earth up at planting but most gardeners earth up as the tops begin to show. That way you get rid of the weeds at the same time as earthing. Being in Tasmania you most probably get the full four seasons so I expect you will see some spuds for your efforts at about Xmas/ New Year.