The Un United Kingdom

So close on the heels of a Scottish Independence referendum, Cornwall are now thinking about going it alone!

Will the price of pasties be going up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28824991

• 10 months later...

Did Northern Ireland leave the U. K.?. Just wondered. When we went on our trip to the U.K. in the Spring, I sent a friend in Phoenix a postcard nearly everyday, 13 in all. She only received 10 of them. I asked her later on to show me what she'd got so I could see which ones are missing. I put them in the order I sent them and could see the 3 missing were the 3 from N.I. I had purchased a strip of 5 Welsh international stamps on the first day and used 2 before going to N.I. Bought 3 cards there, and used the Welsh stamps, as they say on them, good for all United Kingdom. Mailed 1 in a post box and 2 at different hotel desks. In Scotland bought 5 Scottish stamps and used them there and England. No problem with them. Sent 3 cards from hotel desks which they stamped for me. They all came. So, what's with the N.I. not forwarding the cards?

I suspect it may say something for the efficiency of the NI post service rather than anything political. It will be one of those cases where items are delivered several months / years after they were posted.

At this moment they are probably in transit through Nepal or Finland.

• Upvote 2

Sad to say katyjay,when it comes to the status of N.Ireland and Ireland ((Eire) a large portion of the British public don't have a clue.I often hear and read people of the Republic refered to as British,and simply they are not.

• Upvote 1

I Just knew you would come on DJB, lol.......and yes you quite correct sir. :)

Yes there are but getting fewer by the year,ive always had a keen interest in Political Geography,which extends at the moment to the ex. Soviet Union states such as The Ukraine and Georgia plus the Baltic states and all the 'Stans'.I just find it all fascinating,

So long as there's an England you are correct 'catfan' but you are also British,and so long as theres a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland this will continue,.............see i'm not just a pretty face ! lol.

On my first visit to Belfast some years back, I remarked: "This is the first time I've been to Ireland." The response from my host was: "You haven't been to Ireland yet." It was a business trip and I was also warned not to wear an orange hi-viz jacket - they would provide a yellow one.

• Upvote 1

#18. They were wrong. Ireland comprises the whole island. Belfast is indeed in Ireland. it is NOT, however, in the Republic of Ireland which is the country, just as saying I'm not in Britain I'm in England would be incorrect.

Behave yersen Paul, if I say I'm English, then I'm bleddy English.

I've been called a white English B$%^&*D many times, I have a tradition to maintain !

Thats nowt mate,whilst on holiday i was accused of being German !!! i just told him to 'VERPISSEN'

The SNP (Scottish Nasty Party) are determined to break up the UK. It is their only point in being.

Just catching up on this thread,like Catfan I am totally ENGLISH!!. These days I class a British person as someone who has our passport. On the rocky subject of the 32 counties here in Eire..My belief is that Catholic people in Belfast are in Ireland and Protestants are in the united Kingdom. Not that i'm one to talk..here in Tipperary (for 8 years!!). I was known as " the Englishman with the shiny car".