Photos of glebe street the meadows

any one give me any pointers to find photos of glebe st,the meadows,where to look or who to ask,i have a few from ,picture the past,and off bernard heathcote,but they are of the top end the petrol station,and the bottom end corner of glebe st and london rd,thanks

i have a few from ,picture the past,and off bernard heathcote,but they are of the top end the petrol station,and the bottom end corner of glebe st and london rd,thanks

I think this one doesn't fall into any of those categories.

glebe.jpg

You will probably find a few more in various "Old Nottingham" books.

fantastic i love it,wrong side of the road but great all the same,my aunt lived on this side,john and avril elliot.i lived across from the shop further down,i was begining to think none existed,thank you.

i have found a few but there all arkwright street end or london road,this is the first picture ive seen of the street itself,when we moved in no 3 number 1 was empty,so i didnt know what it was used as,it was a larger house with a archway thru to lots of out buildings,thought it may have been a coal merchants,number five was a shop which was still trading,when it closed a family moved in,think there name was western.

past there today,so stopped for a look at saint saviors church,and the path down the right hand side next to the old vicarage,the new looking building in the forground in the old picture is still there at the back of the vicarage,although i carnt remember it being there at the time,at the end of the path down to london road ,part of the burton almshouses wall is still there,so i work it out to where my old house was,and it seems a new road runs right through the middle of it,shame they knocked down the almshouses,they had a really nice garden to the rear of them,my house backed onto them,nice view from the upstairs windows,still any and all pictures of glebe street are still welcome,or titles of books with them in would be great,

• 1 year later...