Thomas Richards and John Alvien Waldron

Hi,

the above two gentlemen were my Great Grandparents, the first was stationmaster at Netherfield between 1905 and 1920 and the other lived in Netherfield from 1911 to 1929...does anyone have any information about either of them?

thanks

Can't initially see a mention of either of them unfortunately in the news archives .

Interested as my Grandfather born in 1880 in Carlton worked on the railways at Colwick and Netherfield .

My Great Grandfather lived on Arthur St, Netherfield on the 1901 Census. He also worked on the Railway. I can't quite make out what he did. It looks like Railway Engine Fireman. I think. We had a look down Arthur St on one of our recent visits to Nottm but the house he lived in was demolished. I was disappointed to see that the last two houses at the end of the road had gone. His being one of them. They moved to Marhill Road then, and he went into the Brick Building trade. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other.