Willersley Street ?

I was.yesterday given a book from a friend I met on nostalgia,the book is called the changing face of nottingham.after looking through the pictures i noticed a picture of what is supposed to be willersley st is in fact Derwent st ,is there any old meadows folk who can confirm this or perhaps Clifton lad can find references .page 1 of meadows demolition shows view up Milford grove into willersley st and shows porters rest at the end of willersley st not a railway bridge.

I was.yesterday given a book from a friend I met on nostalgia,the book is called the changing face of nottingham.after looking through the pictures i noticed a picture of what is supposed to be willersley st is in fact Derwent st ,

I've got that book as well Mr C, and I think this is the photo you are referring to.

willers.jpg

The caption in the book says Willersley Street. At the end of the street was the elevated railway line from Victoria Station to Marylebone.

I don't know it, but I'm sure there are a lot of ex-Medders people who will know if that is correct or not.

or perhaps Clifton lad can find references .

Long time since anyone called me a lad.

Right young man,the nottingham meadows in the 70s page 10 shows the porters rest which is what you would have seen had it been Willersley st,page 17 of the same book shows Derwent st on the left just round that corner on the left is in fact where that photo was taken ,also on page 9of the green book which is correct shows the nags head at the far end of willersley st,again with no resemblance to the photo in the changing face of nottingham,could you put photos up Clifton if you have the green book,sorry I wouldn't have a clue how to do it,thanks for rewording title Clifton.

That's the one in the green book clifton,and the dark bit in the corner is the railway bridge you can see from Derwent st,I can't remember it but shortly after disappearing behind the houses was a platform accessed from arkwright st.would it have been common to brew uhh or own beer around that time,across from the nags was the porters rest at the other end of willersley st was the poets which is still standing a few yards one way from the poets was the duke of Newcastle and a few yards the other way was the cricketers rest.

• 2 months later...