One mans junk....

My local council decided to replace a load of fencing locally...I got the blokes to dump the boards at my place rather than in their skip.
I've made three heavy planters and got enough for another six ready for next years garden project...cost?...a fivers worth of decking screws.
These are bullet proof and will outlive me...Don't ya just love something for nothing? biggrin.gif A coat of fence paint and they're all ready.

Mind you I do have a circular bench saw otherwise no way...

w2dczp.jpg

• Upvote 5

I've started planing recycled red oak from an old barn on my land, it will end up as face frames, drawer fronts and cupboard doors in my bathrooms and kitchen cabinets.

If I have enough left over that's in reasonable condition, it will end up as a cabinet for my TV to sit on, with DVD storage drawers, plus a large bookshelf along one wall of the main living room.

The planing is being done on a 12 inch Makita planer thicknesser...

do you think if i knew about things like ...12 inch makita planner thicknessers,my life would have been more fullfilling and possibly less marriages ?

• Upvote 2

Well I'd hate to think anyone would visualize me with a Jack plane and sweating all over the wood for the next six plus months.......Chuckle.

• Upvote 1

Interesting title for this thread. I sell loads of junk on Ebay. The bigger load of rubbish it is the easier it seems to sell.

• 3 years later...

I've been observing this old house that being totally ripped out, looks like they have now started in the garden & out buildings, yesterday they put some massive stone plant pots/urns that would not go a miss either side of Wollaton Hall in the skip, I retrieved some old navy cut tins as many as I could carry, there is something in all the tins & some quite heavy, but can't get the lids off rusted, just gave them a few squirts of WD40 to soak, for when i return home later!   Oooooooooooo!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2