No. Av got no moneh.

Do you remember Trent Bridge after a match? Crowds leaving the Forest ground shoulder to shoulder taking up all of the road, walking back towards Nottm. No chance of any motor vehicles passing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I remember coming out of the Trent End and my feet not touching the ground on the way up to the bridge, that was when about 40,000 would pack into to ground.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Certainly do Frank.........Flip le Flem,,great player........mind you i wer'nt pleased when he''nicked'' an early girlfriend.........still cheered him on though in my Trent end days.........

Also saw John Charles when he played at city ground for Leeds........a true great centre half or centre forward......one of the first Brits to play in Italy,...his brother Mel wer'nt bad either a wing half.........

• Like 1
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:11 AM, radfordred said:

Still prefer the owd TrentEnd .... You can keep your seats.

That's the Trent End of my memories, we always stood level with the eighteen yard line in the East Stand. Bovril and a pie at half time on a cold February Saturday afternoon. Hurrying back to the car to listen to the results on Sports Report and driving home with the heater on full blast to thaw out your feet.

A time when all the games were played on Saturday afternoon and often midweek games too. Today's overpaid snowflakes would be up in arms.

We get some live games on free to air TV and I am glad I don't have to pay to watch this negative football, at the edge of the penalty area and two passes later the goalie has the ball.

A couple of rule changes would help the game become more positive :-

Get rid of the offside rule

Allow no more than three back passes in any period of play where the ball is not in control of the opposite team.

Ben, Plantfit and Frank

Didn't Wolves swap "Noddy" Hinton for Flip?

• Like 1

Think you're right Oz, without looking it up think le flems career ended in injurys quite early, could be wrong,