The photo which DAVIDW posted came from here http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM014793&prevUrl= At the moment they don't have any others of March Street, but they are always adding to their collection.

The photo which I posted came from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nottingham-Then-Ralph-Gee/dp/0948946261 There aren't any more of March Street in it.

• Upvote 1

Actually a small point of order . The photo I posted was direct from the O.P......Jackpen , her own physical copy .

She emailed it to me to post , it was the easiest way for it to be posted for a newbie !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just reading this list, sorry if I've caused a problem, I got the original photo from my great aunt -she said it was in a series of articles the the evening post. I found it in a box of things in the attic n remember the story my great aunt told me about the photo n put the picture in a frame?

• 1 month later...

Hi all just reading this list, sorry if I've caused a problem, I got the original photo from my great aunt -she said it was in a series of articles the the evening post. I found it in a box of things in the attic n remember the story my great aunt told me about the photo n put the picture in a frame?

An interesting "chicken and egg situation" there. Who got which photo from where?

PTP got their photo from somewhere; and where did Jackpen get her photo, which is also in a book?

Have recently bought the book from Amzaon!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

mable got 4 prints from evening post, i had a copy of all 4, i also had photo of great gran and great grandad when they were young, just cant remember where they are. grandma being the eldest edna said they had to run up derby road to get to school. the house backed on to castle rock as she said it was sandstone full of holes. she also had admiration for her mum as having all those children in a 2 up 2 down must have been a nightmare lol

• Upvote 1