You'd never believe it

TV valve seats used to get dusty and a good thump every now and then would agitate the valve pins, making a better contact and thus a better picture..

TV valve seats used to get dusty and a good thump every now and then would agitate the valve pins, making a better contact and thus a better picture..

I daren't thump the dish washer, she might phone the police.

• Upvote 1

Lizzie, I'd dispute that statement! The females in this house put stuff in at random. My OCD means that I have to arrange everything properly with all the same-size plates together, all the cups in particular order, and so on, to make it easier when it gets emptied the next morning.

I think we should listen more to women,I think we should do more household chores ,I think we should do the shopping,I think we should tidy up after ourselves,and I think we should do whatever the ladies tell us to do,oh most us do that anyway ,but who would dare admit it,it's a good job we are the stronger sex. You'd never believe it.

• Upvote 1

Back in the 50s and 60s you would never believe that one day we would all be walking about with a computer in our pockets,even a TV,Camera and a sat nav,that the USA would have a black president,another 'Holy war' and England a 3rd rate football team.

Amazing really int it.,wonder whats coming next?

Perhaps a Sim card inserted under the skin at birth, auto identity and GPS tracking - for good or bad it will happen someday.

I bet you don't load it properly though Colly ........ not many men do!

You're right Lizzie I don't. SWMBO has been known to stop the wash program part way through to re-arrange the pots I've loaded, then she goes "how is THAT going to come clean loaded like THAT! Blah, blah, blah"..

• Upvote 1

PeverilPeril,

I think there are quite a few of us on Nottstalgia, that are grateful for modern technology, to keep us running smoothly. And as for the Daftness.That's great. Keep it up. You probably bring a smile to the people you meet along the way. :biggrin: