People that think it's a good idea to parade vicious dogs with their kids grandkids,and then when it's trying to bite your arm off state it won't hurt you ,in my mind do not have the capacity to even have children,but they would not give a fudge what I or anybody else thinks,so we should not be surprised if their kids grow up as wild as their dogs,children running around naturally is normal and should be encouraged ,and us old gits should be patient and understanding,just remember how loving most of them kids are with us.

• Upvote 2

There is a time and place for running around though, they should also be taught good manners and consideration for others when in such public places. To gain respect you have to earn it.

• Upvote 2

........ Wetherspoon's policy about children not allowed in no smoking areas, BUT , Wetherspoon's in Bulwell, the William Peverel, don't seem to enforce this rule, I have seen many children go in the no smoking area with their parents, no action by staff.

I wouldn't be surprised to go in some pubs in Bulwell and see children smoking. Whilst holding on to their bull terriers.

• Upvote 4

It's very sad, MelissaJKelly (#32). The parents are probably people who don't work, haven't worked and have no intention of working while the benefit system is so good. Most of them seem to have money for the good things in life and some are out with their fighting dogs on the end of a thick chain. Their children will grow up to be the same as they are and they'll have the attidude and manners that will bring a lot of trouble to themselves. It is natural for children to run around and play but when they become too noisy or mischievous they should behave when told to stop. The children that we are refering to just completely ignore their parents and continue to do as they like and the parents let them. If I'd behaved like that when I was young I'd have got a good hiding. All the parents seem to do today is scream and shout at them and the kids not taking any notice. How many times have you been in a shop/supermarket and a kids been rolling on the floor crying and screaming because it wants some chocolate and the mother has been screaming and shouting back at it saying it can't have any. The kid will usually get it's own way so what is it going to be like as it gets older.

• Upvote 3

We never visit pub that states 'Children Welcome, Games Room ' . We nearly always holiday in term time, and have recently done several luxury coach tours at home and abroad. No kids, brilliant! If we do stay in a B & B in the UK, I normally pick a 4* which tend not to attract families. I'd rather pay extra and have peace and tranquility. Same when flying, I gladly pay more to embark first.

The last thing I want on holiday is to have some snotty, dribbling pile of blubber ........ I've said enough.

• Upvote 3
  • 5 years later...

Our erstwhile Prime Minister "Scotty from Marketing" has today activated an emergency plan in anticipation of a global pandemic being declared.

If it happens it will be interesting as our hospitals cannot cope with admissions on a normal day let alone a pandemic.

Don't you trust our pollies to tell us the truth RR?

Thousands of people die each year from other flu viruses.... if you get this one it's certainly not pleasant, but it's not necessarily a death sentence, especially for people who have no other health problems.  I've been reading about whether people will still get paid if they have to self isolate and it's quite 'blurry' and depends a lot on the employer.  I suppose self isolation could be open to abuse by people wanting a bit of time off work (or am I being unkind?). 

Apparently if you are on a zero hours contract, you will be able to claim Universal Credit.... good luck with that as it takes a while for that to be processed!