Large Fire At Nottingham University

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was under the impression that wood used for such constructions had to be treated so as to be fireproof?

It looks like the architect is of the same school as the ones we get in Cardiff, all look no practicality.

It looks like the architect is of the same school as the ones we get in Cardiff, all look no practicality.

I've worked in several of the unusual buildings on that campus. All were very practical inside and some of the most pleasant places I've worked.

#18 the University are building a new building, next to the rose and crown. The building used to be a lorry dealership, I think it was ford and slater.

They have also just bought Lenton Lodge, the original gatehouse to Wollaton park. I would think that the University will be planning on buying Players bonded warehouse, as soon as it is vacant. The universitys plan is to own all of Triumph road and then turn it into a pedestrianized area centred around the Jubilee campus.

Well I've taken to parking in the Gooseberry Bush car park and walking into town when necessary and it seems to me they own all Shakespeare Street and who knows how much land and buildings both sides of it, loads of properties on Waverley Street as well. Seems that Cliffs suggestion may be close to the truth. Not forgetting however much of Clifton they own

The problem is that I can never remember which university is in which location.

There are the buildings which belong to the 'proper' Nottingham University (the old place from many years ago)...... and those which belong to the newcomer, Nottingham Trent University which used to be the Polytechnic.

Well I've taken to parking in the Gooseberry Bush car park and walking into town when necessary and it seems to me they own all Shakespeare Street and who knows how much land and buildings both sides of it, loads of properties on Waverley Street as well. Seems that Cliffs suggestion may be close to the truth. Not forgetting however much of Clifton they own

The problem is that I can never remember which university is in which location.

There are the buildings which belong to the 'proper' Nottingham University (the old place from many years ago)...... and those which belong to the newcomer, Nottingham Trent University which used to be the Polytechnic.

The buildings in the city centre, Shakespeare Street etc are all owned by Nottingham Trent University (NTU). They term it as the 'City Campus'.

The modern buildings in the old Raleigh works area form Jubilee Campus which is part of the original and oldest university, University of Nottingham (UoN)

University Park (Highfields) is the original UoN campus.

Clifton Campus is part of NTU as is Brackenhurst out near Southwell.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

#18 the University are building a new building, next to the rose and crown. The building used to be a lorry dealership, I think it was ford and slater.

They have also just bought Lenton Lodge, the original gatehouse to Wollaton park. I would think that the University will be planning on buying Players bonded warehouse, as soon as it is vacant. The universitys plan is to own all of Triumph road and then turn it into a pedestrianized area centred around the Jubilee campus.

The new university building planned for site next door to historic Lenton Lodge, Derby Road

CezIi06WwAEOgvA.jpg

Well a kid of six could have designed that monstrosity. Marvellous!

At least they added a bit of style by sloping the front...

It's faintly reminiscent of those average speed cameras you see everywhere.

100 years from now maybe future Nottstalgians will be grieving over another iconic Nottingham building about to be demolished (not).

• 2 months later...