Members' List

I thought I'd look at the members' list and on looking at the first few pages I was amazed to see how many had either never posted or made less than 5 posts even though they had been a member for several years. Anyone any idea why this is?

Shyness, found what they needed, not what they wanted. Personally, I find it informative, friendly, stimulating, amusing, even irritating at times. Now, I wouldn't be without it. There are also some great people on here who are helpful beyond belief. I'm sure they would make true friends.

• Upvote 6

I've mentioned it many times.

I reckon it's largely through memory - or lack of. Somebody finds the forum, signs in, makes a few posts, and then forgets all about it. Maybe a few months / years later, they will remember it or accidentally stumble on it again. The number of people who join, and remain, and continue to makes posts, is very small.

I also think alcohol might play a part. Some of those who have never posted probably signed in one night when they were surfing the net after coming home from the pub. They probably don't even remember what happened after that.

• Upvote 4

You're probably right there Cliff Ton.

Again, from a personal point of view, it was useful after my retirement. Posting made the time fly by.

Also, there are certain people here in whom I can confide and talk openly. This I find extremely comforting and stimulating. A rarity these days. I love it.

• Upvote 4

You'll find during the early years of the site that it wasn't very busy, no site usually is, so a lot of early members turned up, found nobody here and left, usually those never bother to return.

Also, how many of the early members were late in years and have actually passed on???

• 2 years later...

I was going to route out a few names of 'enthusiastic ' members who once lasted a week or so, but can't locate the members list with this new set up. Where's it gone? 

• Upvote 1

Click on Activity. Then hit Search, then Member Search, scroll to bottom of page and hit Search Member. [courtesy of Cliff Ton, when I couldn't find them either]

• Upvote 2