What Old TV Show Would You Like To See Return?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do watch old comedy shows if I happen to fall upon them but don't look at the TV guide and to be honest I don't watch a lot of TV ....... .I listen to it but look at Nottstalgia on my iPad screen. My

I enjoyed the recent rerun of The Likely Lads, I think a bit of us all in there somewhere.

With "Sunday Night At The Palladium" being resurrected tonight I wondered if there's a tv show from the past that you would like to see grace our screens again?

Take Three Girls

Awfully Bad For Your Eyes Darling

Ready Steady Go

The Old Grey Whistle Test

Waking The Dead

Dinner Ladies

The Expert

Taggart

Rebus

Last Of The Summer Wine

That's 10 to be going on with.

• Upvote 1

Definately agree with Dinner Ladies - one of the best comedies.
The trouble is that very often bringing old ones back don't always work. I used to love "Open All Hours" but that episode they brought (back earlier this year? ) I didn't rate at all but of course it wouldn't be the same without Ronnie Barker.

I Didn't Know You Cared was another of my favourites , as was Ever Decreasing Circles, but who on earth could replace the one and only Richard Briars?

When I remember. There's so much good stuff on Drama and Yesterday, I record lots.

Peyton Place with Mia Farrow and Ryan O Neil 1964-69

The Human Jungle with Herbert Lom 1963-64

The Fugitive with David Jansen 1963-67

I never missed an episode. I would imagine they would be very dated and Corny 50yrs later!

Do watch old comedy shows if I happen to fall upon them but don't look at the TV guide and to be honest I don't watch a lot of TV ....... .I listen to it but look at Nottstalgia on my iPad screen. My all time favourite is Porridge but it would never be the same without Ronnie Barker and Richard Beckinsale.

• Upvote 2

Adam Adamant.....corrrrr that Gerald Harper!

The Liver Birds

Hugh and I

The Gnomes of Dulwich

Terry and June

Sykes

Poldark

The Onedin Line

• Upvote 1

The whole series of Open All Hours is on Youtube if anyone is interested.

The idea of starting an old show with old and new actors has been tried several times and never worked.

I'd have liked the third series of "Revolution" to have been run, but the producers decided to cancel it, which upset many fans of the NBC show around the world.

Do watch old comedy shows if I happen to fall upon them but don't look at the TV guide and to be honest I don't watch a lot of TV ....... .I listen to it but look at Nottstalgia on my iPad screen. My all time favourite is Porridge but it would never be the same without Ronnie Barker and Richard Beckinsale.

I agree Lizzie,but don't forget Fulton Mackay

• Upvote 1

I dont know if this could ever be resurrected, but it formed my sense of humour since I was a child - Do Not Adjust Your Set. It led on to Python humour. I maintain a surreal and absurd sense of humour to this day. The Mrs doesnt understand at all.

Michael Bentine's Potty Time deserves an honourable mention.

Glad I'm not the only fan of the late, lamented I Didn't Know You Cared - loved it!

Ready Steady Go would be fantastic but I guess it was the bands and artists of that era that made it so exciting.

Liked the early Gerry Anderson, Supercar as a kid. It probably wouldn't hold the same excitement for me these days!

Boys From The Blackstuff revisited would be interesting. Maybe something on When The Boat Comes In too.

The Man From Uncle was another favourite.

I dont know if this could ever be resurrected, but it formed my sense of humour since I was a child - Do Not Adjust Your Set. It led on to Python humour. I maintain a surreal and absurd sense of humour to this day. The Mrs doesnt understand at all.

I have a DVD of that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Not-Adjust-Your-Set-DVD/dp/B0009U5CCC/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1410732674&sr=1-1&keywords=do+not+adjust+your+set because I also remember it from my younger days. Unfortunately the reality is that it was nowhere near as funny as I thought it would be; and after several years I've never watched the DVD through to the end because much of it is embarrassingly unfunny.

Memory can play tricks.

I just had a look on You Tube at the first episode of Dr Who in 1963. Brilliant. Even the Opening Music is fantastic. The Title being An Unearthly Child. Just looking at the styles of the actresses in the first shot has taken me back in time. I liked the Copper on his Beat to start the Episode. A proper ode English Copper! Made me think of Dixon of Dock Green. Another good oldie.

I look at quite a few of the old quiz shows on Challenge Channel and it's strange how those that I liked back when they were first broadcast seem rubbish these days. One that I could never get my head round was 3-2-1 and still can't.

I think when some of these have been brought back they are even worse. One of the few I think has stood the test of time and in my opinion is "Family Fourtunes". Looking at some old episoeds with Max Bygraves as the question master was really bad with rubbish jokes.