What Old TV Show Would You Like To See Return?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do watch old comedy shows if I happen to fall upon them but don't look at the TV guide and to be honest I don't watch a lot of TV ....... .I listen to it but look at Nottstalgia on my iPad screen. My

I enjoyed the recent rerun of The Likely Lads, I think a bit of us all in there somewhere.

With "Sunday Night At The Palladium" being resurrected tonight I wondered if there's a tv show from the past that you would like to see grace our screens again?

Old Grey Whistle Test.

• Upvote 1

Was there a rumour last year that TOTP'S was coming back?

I can't see that in a million years after all the bad publicity over lurid stories the old one has been receiving recently.

I thought it was complete rubbish for years anyway to be honest. After it's beginnings in the sixties, wading through hours of mediocre rubbish to get the odd decent band on.

I was just old enough to remember Ready Steady Go! when I was a kid now THAT seemed a far better show to me! Pity that one didn't survive instead!

• Upvote 1

Auf Wiedersehen Pet - Becoming increasingly relevant again as jobs continue to disappear

'Allo 'Allo - Refreshingly funny

Goodnight Sweetheart - Interesting storyline - Bugga not on YouTube

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - TV Series not quite as good as the radio series but well worth watching

Minder - "The World is your Lobster"

I regularly watch many of these and other shows mentioned on my favourite tv channel YouTube

• Upvote 1

Oh yes good old Amos and Andy the phrase "well Hello there Saphire" springs to mind

Best wishes

Peter

I Didn't Know You Cared was a brilliant programme, and was most surprised that more episodes were not made.

Robin Bailey who played Uncle Mort was born in Hucknall, and my dad somehow knew him and greatly admired him.

• Upvote 1

Sons Of Anarchy....... Great soundtrack. Fantastic cover versions.

The Hatfields & McCoys, starring Kevin Costner. A brilliantly told tale of everyday life in post American civil war Kentucky and Tennessee .

I’d like to see a good old ‘cowboy’ adventure. When I was a child, western films and TV series seemed to dominate. Commercial TV on Saturday nights often featured a Warner Brothers western series (much more action-packed than the BBC’s ‘Wells Fargo’ and ‘Laramie’ offerings): Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Lawman, Maverick, Bronco (Lane), Colt 45 - and there were episodes where the main characters would appear in each other’s programmes. I recall acting out some of the scenes with my mates the following day using our cap guns (why were they always unrealistically silver?) and using vocal gymnastics to simulate gunfire (so much more satisfying than the sound of the pink cap strips).

I’d also like to see ‘The Outer Limits’ again. There were several TV series focusing on the ‘supernatural’ – The Twilight Zone; One Step Beyond; Tales of the Unexpected; but my favourite was The Outer Limits. Each programme began with the same voice-over: ‘There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission’ and ended with the words, ‘We now return control of your television set to you, until next week, at the same time when the Control Voice will take you to... The Outer Limits’. Scary stuff for a young lad up past his bedtime!

• Upvote 1

mick2me #29: I watched a film on YouTube last night. 1954 B&W comedy mystery called "The Runaway Bus" with Frankie Howard Terence Alexander, Margaret Rutherford and Petula Clark. I was mightily impressed too.

One of my favourite old series is the 1970s TV series' Doomwatch.

Also:

Fabian of the Yard.

One foot in the grave , ( he reminds me of ....me ) and stu yes "when the boats comes in" a real gritty northern drama - I loved Auf Wiedersehen, Pet, Torchy , Juke box jury , ( I'll give 5)

• Upvote 1

Perhaps this is an unusual choice, but I used to really like 'Weekend World' with Brian Walden.

Some of the best political interviews and in-depth reporting there's ever been.

We now have 'dumbed-down' politics with Andrew Neil and stupid CBBC type political reporters who have zero credibilty and little idea about journalism - other than sound-bites.

They never tap into the public mood and never actually inform us about things. Particularly the ramifications of government decisions and, more importantly, Europe.

Brian Walden was superb at grilling politicians because he'd been a politician himself.

It's highly probable that he was a victim of his own success because many figures declined to go on the programme because he was so good.

Now we've got Molly the Dog and Michael Cho Choo Portillo.

• 1 year later...

Amos and andy show was old world comedy I found it very funny but it would have no chance with the pc riddled luvvies today  Calhoun the lawyer was hilarious he always got amos in more trouble than he was in the first place and the wonderful saphire   long time ago   meeowed

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...