If any of you out there are interested in aspects of 19th century Nottingham, you may like a book I've just written.

it's called 'The Story of Brewer Jack & Champagne Charlie' and deals with their lives as 'sporting men' of Old Nottingham.

It's interesting and informative.

Anybody interested - let me know.

Criseliz

• Upvote 3

Welcome cris and have fun. As someone who loves local history I certainly am interested in your book. Where can I get it. And please tell us what prompted you to produce this.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Everyone, and encouraging comments. Anyone interested in more details about the book can e-mail at tchibnot@btinternet.com. Most of the story was gleaned from old newspapers (1840-1915-ish) plus some family history. The book is £5 p.p. included, so get in touch if you would like more info.

• Upvote 1

Hi, in response to your asking where you could get my book 'The story of Brewer Jack & Champagne Charlie', am in the throes of publicising it to the wider Nottingham world. In the meantime, I can supply a copy for £5, to include post & package.

You asked what prompted me to write it. Brewer Jack was my husband's gt-gt-grandfather and a bit of a rogue with it, so lots of local interest/family history and a social setting in 19th century Nott'm.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

My book on the sporting life of old Nottingham (Story of Brewer Jack & Champagne Charlie) has been going well. For a fiver you can have it delivered to your door (thank you, Royal Mail) or anyone else's door for that matter. All you need is an interest in old Nottingham and its characters (and the fiver). It would make a good Xmas present for any fan of local history.

Let me know via forum or at tchibnot@btinternet.com