agatha cottages

found out me mum lived here in the 40s/50s but cannot find it anywhere, or am i spelling it wrong,was told it was near the top of wilford road ,off a street near a picture house,

All the refs in the news archives seem to say Agatha Cottages , Brierley Street .......over to the map guys !

Picture of junction of Brierley Street and Wilford Rd

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?action=printdetails&keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM007279&prevUrl=

All the refs in the news archives seem to say Agatha Cottages , Brierley Street .......over to the map guys !

Glad you found it on Brierley Street, because I couldn't find any references to it. So......

brierley-1.jpg

was told it was near the top of wilford road ,off a street near a picture house,

Agatha Cottages isn't specifically marked, but Wilford Road (top end) is the one on the left; and the red cross is about where this cinema (Imperial) was.

So both your clues fit.

imperialcinemawilfordroad.jpg

at least the spelling was right,must have been a small area not to be on the maps,went to roland green with a lad who lived on arkwright street at the rear of the dry cleaners,the only way to his house flat was along a wooden walk way around the walls of the shops at the rear yard,