Mans Mountain Bike needed

Hubb's Bike has finally fallen to pieces. We are looking for a used cycle in good reliable condition. The rider has tendencies to fall off at every opportunity, so the cycle needs to be sympathetic in nature, especially as the rider tends to make a grab for me and drags me off as well on his way down. If possible here are a few things we are hoping for... Not to expensive Mans Mountain Bike

Approximately 18inch frame ( Rider 5ft 6inch)

18/21 gears

We are happy to travel and view if anyone has a bike for sale. Thankyou.

• Upvote 2

Might I suggest a pair of roller skates,you can tow him and save u Sen a few quid ,he'll not mind he can show the grandkids how trendy he is,just remind him though that hip op is not a medical procedure.you know how to break dance and talk da lingo Carnie has I recall from previous posts,Dear you gone sorted.

• Upvote 4

Trike sounds like a good idea, but we spend most of the time on the Canal Towpaths and they sometimes are narrow. I'll come clear. I exaggerated a bit about how often he falls off. It's not that much really!! kickme

Carni, here if you want to buy or sell something, you go on Craigslist. I looked on the internet for the Wolverhampton area to see if there was something similar, and came up with www.preloved.co.uk

• Upvote 1

Melissa

Thank you. I had never heard of Gumtree.com or www.preloved.co.uk, that Katyjay mentioned. I have just had a quick look at both and will check them out properly tomorrow. From what I can see so far, it looks as though there will be something out there for us. :)

• Upvote 1

I hate to tell you but somebody left a suberb new all singing and dancing, full suspension, disc brake, 21 gear mountain bike chained to a fence in the Country Park where I run the bike hire business. It remained there for two weeks, no-one, including the police were interested yet it was in the main entrance for all to see. Eventually the Park Rangers got sick of it, lent me a pair of bolt cutters and after a quick service I rode it home. So, my advice, always take a pair of bolt cutters with you or better still try the local police unclaimed property auction, you can buy bikes in bulk for next to nothing.

• Upvote 2

I hope you enjoy your bit of luck Firbeck.

Chris has heard about the Police Auctions, but had forgotten about them. Another place to try. You can certainly pick up some good information on Nottstalgia. Thank you for the tip.

And don't forget the site "Freecycle" where people start their own on line site affiliated to freecycle, where folks sell or give away owt and everything!! They are all over the world too.

Just do a search using "freecycle" as your search parameters.

• Upvote 1

They have a Nottingham group, loads of stuff for sale of give away, I just checked. Didn't see any bikes, but only got up to page 10.