Mans Mountain Bike needed

catfan #25

Alright Alright, You made me feel guilty. I got my purse out. :biggrin: Yesterday we had a look in our local Cycle Shop ( Hateleys of W-ton), and Chris found a nice new Mountain Bike for £129.00. 18 Gears. He has just gone back to the shop to see if they have one a little bit lighter 'We are a pair of weaklings now' for a bit more money :Shock:. The lady in the shop who is 'an old friend of Chris's family also advised me to take my cycle in and they would see what they can do with my Handle Bars. Apparently because I have had Heart Surgery, I need to have them more of a 'Sit up and beg' position. to take the pressure of my chest?

Just got a phone call from Chris. He has brought one for £170 quid. WHAT. It is a Claud Butler 21 gears. Goodness Gracious Me....Has that lad got some pots to wash. :)

• Upvote 4

If anyone don't know what a frog is ,it is when the rider stands up and pedals and the passenger sits and holds on .Is crog a meadows word a nottingham word or a generally used word anybody know.(I am assuming it is slang).

Our cycle hire centre in Braintree is fully equipped with Claude Butlers and Dawes bikes including the kid's bikes, no rubbish there!

I always thought it was a 'Croggie' rather than a crog and incidentally, as for the chat up line, 'Can you ride Tandem' ask Bilbraborn about that one regarding the incident where he got off with June, the daughter of the chairman of Notts County FC while we were riding around Stoke Bardolph on the tandem one evening, have you forgotten that one old mate, I ended up with her pal that I didn't fancy very much, she had beautiful long black hair down to her waist, but was shyer than me, Bilbraborn and June got very annoyed with me. I left Bilbraborn to it sitting on a wall outside the local shop while I dragged her mate off to the crossing gates when they shut just in case a freight came by in charge of a last remaining Colwick 8F, how sad was that, September 1966 it was, the evenings were drawing in, steam was disappearing fast, I didn't want to miss any of it, girls could wait as far as I was concerned.

This cycle is called Claud Butler Black Hawk. It looks like a nice Bike. Lets hope its easier to stay on.

My cycle now has been adjusted. The Handle Bars are now 3/4 inches higher and about 2 inches closer. I have got to make sure that when I sit on the Saddle, I can rest on the balls of my feet steadily. My Cycle is a Raleigh Transcend. It has been a great Bike! I never want to change it. Mind you, it looks a bit odd with the new positioning of the Handle Bars.

Just got to get the courage to try and ride the Bike again now.

Andy, when I was about 13, my sis and friend used to be mates of three lads with bikes. We traveled all round Gedling and Netherfield on their bikes like that. Can't ever remember seeing a copper about. Good job I think.

Andy, when I was about 13, my sis and friend used to be mates of three lads with bikes. We traveled all round Gedling and Netherfield on their bikes like that. Can't ever remember seeing a copper about. Good job I think.

Bilbraborn and I did, we had an incident with a copper on Chingford Road, they used to appear out of nowhere on their Plod bikes, they could keep up with you as well, I'll leave it to Bilbraborn to relate the incident, if he dares!

• 11 months later...