Hi Rog that's where I lived No 73 Withern Road three doors down from Shipley Road. The Isons lived next door and the rest lived just a bit further the other direction nearer Bidford Road. I am talking from 1948 to 1972.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

Way before my time mate, we was at number 82 from 1980 til 1998, never really knew many folk to be honest,spent most of my time working 7 days a week nearly all year round

Rog

• 1 month later...

Hi Terence can't say as I do. Knocked about mainly with people off Bradfield, Coleby, Woodfield road.

Does any of the following ring any bells. Summerfields, Bradshaws, Pritchetts, Manners, Pat Bamford, Rob Brown, Mick Leighton and the Davies family.

I lived on Withern Rd as a baby in 1938. Left before I was 2 so can't remember the neighbours very well!

We had to move back into town closer to relatives so that I could be looked after. Mam and dad had to work so we moved to Speechly St near to my aunty Cass Skidmore. When I was 4, when dad was called up we moved to Peveril St, to live close to both Gran's and loads of aunties and uncles. Didn't see dad again for 6 years.

Number 27 Shipley road was where my mate lived in the 80's then they mover to Heronridge near Rise park, his name was Brian, now sadly no longer with us

Rog

Hi Karlton, # 15, I knew Dave from my teenage years, what a character..................ferrets an' all!! persuaded me to spend my last two bob on some liver for his bloody ferrets!!

Ask him about the late night chicken raid on Melbourne park allotments............................ kickme

• Upvote 1

Dave48: # 8, I knew (& worked with) John, Dave & Ivan Pritchett, sadly John passed away earlier this year.

Hi Paulus,

We spoke about John earlier this year on another topic which I can't find at the mo. I went to John's funeral and knew him for years. Also went to Player School together .

Slightly off topic but did you know the Walker family , Tony , Maureen ( Mo) and an older brother whose name escapes me at the mo. They were at John's funeral too and I know Tony and Mo from the northern soul scene and they are both still going strong.

paulus #17 Hi Paulus yer right wot a character, a big lad with a big heart is Dave, sad to say not in the best of health at the minute.

I'll have a word with him when I next see him. I'll tell him he woes yer two bob. ha ha.

• 4 months later...

Hi Copperblaze and welcome to the site.

I knocked about with both Graham and Tommy Sisson and still see them both around Broxtowe/Aspley estate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...