I was looking up Home Ales on the internet, this afternoon and came across the site below, it has a good list of old Home pubs, that might be of interest to someone..

http://www.bowmere.co.uk/home-ales-brewery-museum/entrance.htm

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

When I first started work at the tender age of 15, I was an apprentice sparky for CS Tagg and we did some work there, always remember at lunchtime someone used to bring a crate of brown ale into our temporary tea room for us, I was not allowed any as it was considered for the blokes only not apprentices.

Good find Meltonstilton. Mrs PP was secretary to one of the directors C1960 and without going into detail, she told me of some very interesting letters that she had to type. There were obviously some quite infamous pubs about at the time and 'ladies of the night' were often referred to. My granddad and uncles drank home ales at the Spread Eagle, maybe because it was next door!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

#5 It no longer seems to be there either. Just clicked on the link and it told me that I do not have permission to view the document.

• 3 years later...