Jigsaw puzzle season

Don't you just love it when folk put jigsaws into charity shops with pieces missing.  Grrrrrrrr......

31414345170_12c6a112ad_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

Bought a random bag of jigsaw pieces from the Charity Shop..so if anyone is missing:

'Buckingham Palace..' left tulip bed and flag.

'Tenby in July'.. stone rampart and road cone.

' Motoring Memories'..rear wheel of a Lotus Climax.

'Ostler of The Red Lion'...water trough,milk maids ankle.

I can solve your frustrations.

PM me LOL!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My neighbour, a little silver-haired old lady, called me and said, "Please come over here and help me.

I have a killer jigsaw puzzle and I can't figure out how to get started."

I asked her, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?" The little old lady said, "According to the

picture on the box, it's a rooster." I decided to go over and help her with the puzzle.

She let me in and showed me where she had the puzzle spread all over the table. I studied the pieces for a moment

then looked at the box, then turned to her and said, "First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to

assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

I took her hand and said, "Secondly, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then," I said with a deep sigh .....

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

• Upvote 5

It wasn't a joke with him though. It was deadly serious.

• 6 months later...

Well, this Xmas I was given a brand new jigsaw puzzle.  Consisting of a thousand pieces, it looked an easy peasy puzzle.  However, with so much red in the picture it soon became difficult to tell the difference between the various shades of colour under artificial light.  It ended up taking me a day and an evening to complete but it is new finished :)

39513426801_63029942d1_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

It's that time of year once again.  Here's one I finished last night. My sister gave it to me - after two days of work I could see why!

31351824227_0ed1f6c586_b.jpg

• Like 3

I'm afraid I only do  jigsaws from an app these days...  I find them quite satisfying, and the smaller ones pass half an hour or so... 

• 3 weeks later...

Why is it that if you even think about buying an anorak, people start buying you train related things?!   Here's an Xmas present that I made earlier:

706_598bfdd2-4646-461f-bb49-df62128db0fe

• Like 1

Last Friday we went for a walk around Bridgnorth and surprisingly the charity shops were open. Our main source of JigSaw suppliers. Chris found a good buy. A Gibson 500piece 'Christmas with Granddad 'theme. Just about my barrow. Looking forward to completing it. I couldn't get a good picture to post but anyone interested, it can be found on the internet. Cost us. £1.50. Well done Compo. It dunt tek you long Miduck.

• Like 1

The problem I've often found with second hand/charity shop jigsaw puzzles is that there is frequently a piece missing which, obviously, is not found out until the puzzle is almost complete.

That's one of my pet hates, Jonab. Folks who put toys and games that are incomplette or broken, into charity shops.  Some seem to think that a charity shop is an alternative to the dustbin.

31414345170_12c6a112ad_h.jpg

Simple answer. Keep out of charity shops. I detest them, but donate loads for the less fortunate.

There used to be such things as second-hand shops bu tnow it's hard to find one.  I know of a good one in Edinburgh but that's close on 300miles south of where I live.

In all the years of buying Jig Saws from Charity Shops, we have only ever had one with a missing piece...two actually. We usually pay up to £3.50, and if a piece is missing it goes straight in the bin when we have finished so no one else has the misfortune of buying it. At around £15 for a new 500 piece Gibson Jigsaw, we are happy to take the risk at the Charity shop. We have quite a pile now and  always take a couple on holiday for when we feel like relaxing. I dare say they will end up being donated back one day.:)

Fully interlocking puzzles are becoming hard to find, Jim. There seems to be a trend towards oddly shaped pieces that only interlock when you put several together and surround them with interlocking pieces.