Jigsaw puzzle season

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

DSCN1884.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 8
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

The video hads been removed Katyjay but 33,600 pieces is one hell of a big puzzle.

I did this one the other day and it was a right barsteward to do. The pieces all looked the same:

IMG_1472.JPG?gl=GB

994 pieces; six were missing. Why do people put incomplete jigsaw puzzles into chartity shops?!

IMG_1496.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 2

I have to go to the dentist now but if I get time later I will mark the missiing pieces X

Was that one of the Wasgij's Compo? I love those puzzles, spotting the same characters and seeing what they are up to.

all sorts of folk were depicted in it. Even Superman had a fly by! Can't recall the artists name off hand but will look it up when I reutrn from camping on sunday.

#9 Compo. Find out who gave the puzzle to the charity shop, go round to their house and empty the hoover dust bag.

• 1 month later...

My latest efforts this jigsaw puzzle season.

The lighter bits on this puzzle glow in the dark:

IMG_1536.JPG?gl=GB

The top row of sky was so difficult on this puzzle that when I had completed it I turned the top row over and numbered the pieces so that it would be easier next time! It took many, many attempts to get it right and it did not come right until the puzzle was almost complete.

IMG_1537.JPG?gl=GB

• 8 months later...

Here's another example of dad's creative handiwork. Not quite a jigsaw because the pieces are not interlocking. Not so easy as it looks.

DSCN1282_zpsnaiosb53.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • 3 months later...

bb54d19e-d5dd-4a30-8fd8-071efb1ed594_zps

Oh, Dear 'The Titanics' gone down again! it was so difficult to do I framed it and the strings broke, it hit the skirting & shattered glass & half the pieces across the carpet. It's now resting under the bed

• Upvote 2

Bubblewrap #24 said "BTW Compo did you enjoy your trip to Aberystwyth Compo ?"

Yes I did but SWMBO didn't - she pranged her car whilst driving through to Devil's Bridge to pick me up at the end of the ride! :)

• 2 weeks later...