Jigsaw puzzle season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

Compo, That is just my idea of heaven in a Jigsaw. I noticed one particular old favorite on there; it was a big seller in our shop in the 1970s. The block of Cadburys Milk Tray. I looked it up on the Internet and it was brought out the year before I was born 1947, not sure of the original price at that time, and it was on sale until 1981, the year before we left our Beer Off. Do you know if the Jigsaw is still available.

HERITAGE_IMAGES_0032_34_IMAGE_MILK-TRAY-

Regarding the Cadbury Milk Tray Bars in #37. The shape was different in the 1970s, more oblong than square.

#25 Bubblewrap, Does the Jigsaw have a title that I can use to find one. That style and the Old Choc bar one of Compo's are the kind we like>

Carni: The Jigsaw is one of a series of Robert Opie's collection. Do a Google search for "Robert Opie Jigsaws" and you will find them. The chocolate ones are a series from 1940s through to 1980s; one for each decade. The one I have is the 1950s.

• 4 weeks later...

Located in Cornwall possibly due to the car registration DAF. ...

Great puzzle Bubblewrap #44

My guess as to era is late 70's ? based on what looks like a VCR under the TV, the flares and the Concorde between the two houses.

The puzzle is(at present) the last of three entitled "Memory lane"

The First 1950s second 1960s & yes the above puzzle 1970s I have done all three since Christmas.

These Gibson Jigsaws are brilliant; Great scenes. We have only bought "Car boot and Charity shop" Jigsaws before as we are amateurs really. Looking on the internet for the best prices, I see that they are quite expensive (For our budget anyway) plus delivery charge.

I imagine that they are collectors items as well. Can anyone tell us where to look for the best buys.

Nice jigsaw pictures BW - perhaps a better title for them would have been 'Bedlam' - lots of shouting going on! Interesting that all the houses are awaiting to have double-glazing fitted lol. Nice Norton ES2 motorbike.