Jigsaw puzzle season

Today we decided to make our way to Coalville to pick up our Jigsaws and all went well this time. Not only did we purchase our puzzles; we also got a loyalty card with two stamps on, only four more for a free puzzle. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

So, you made it then, carni. I was hoping that you turned up at that other Leicestershire place Coleorton - don't tell me, don't tell me, you did. yada

I'm glad you finally got our jigsaws Carni - I'm a 500er too. When my mum was in the General Hospital way back when there was a huge jigsaw set out on a table in the ward and visitors could donate 5p to add a piece. Great money raiser and addictive!

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...

I have just completed my first 1000 piece Wasgij puzzle. The first picture is the image on the box and the second is the image that is on the puzzle itself. It is back to front. ie you have to imagine what the woman in the background is seeing and that is the picture on the puzzle.

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7152.JPG

• Upvote 7

Brilliant compo. That jigsaw is so clever, it took me a while to work it out. Well done.

My son is staying tonight, I will see if he can work out how to put pictures on my computer from my phone. I have the two that I bought from Geoffs. Doggy Paddle and Blackpool Promenade, both 500pieces Worth all the travelling to get them! Also one called Barn Sale, from a charity shop,750 pieces. That one is brilliant and kept us busy for days. It has a shaped outside and lots of funny shaped jigsaw pieces, with pointy bits and odd shapes. we completed them all whilst on holiday in May. Anyway fingers crossed that sonny boy can put them on my computer.

• Upvote 1

Great Jigsaws everyone. Time for me to trawl the Charity Shops for some more. There are usually some unwanted Xmas JigSaw Presents for sale. I might do the Barn Sale again, we did enjoy the novelty of the shaped outside, but we haven't got anywhere to do them at home, without losing use of the dining table! Keep up the good work all you.....surely there is a name for people who do Jig Saws. Keep it clean. :biggrin:

• 4 months later...

Here we go again - once more into the breech of Jigsaw puzzle season.  My first of the winter - 1000 pieces of WWII.    The title is "Scramble"..........Anyone spot the artist's mistake?

30843786471_15d63b9fc4_k.jpg

And.....A burning Lancaster bomber on a Battle of Britain airfield.  The Lancaster was not introduced until 1942, the Bantam 1948.

• 1 month later...

In one of our local magazines is an article about the folks who do a giant jigsaw puzzle each summer. It's very hot here then, so this group meet at the local library, one or more of them chips in to buy a new puzzle for that summer's project. This summer they did one called New York City Window, a view from the top of a skyscraper. It had 32,256 pieces and measured 18 ft by 6 1/2 ft when finished. What a project. They meet, chat as they go along, quite a social activity. 

• Upvote 2

I bought a couple of puzzles from a charity shop yesterday.  I feel a jigsaw coming on for Xmas.

Been on the injury list so to speak this last 6 weeks and Ive done three and on my fourth. I'll say something they are keeping me sane as well ans driving me insane (at times). Anyone says what a lovely blue sky to me and I'll go mad.

ps you need a hammer and a stanley knife and you can do any jigsaw.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, katyjay said:

Further to my post about the 'big un' here is details in case you want to buy one for yourself!

Bleddy 'ell! $300.....I usually spend around 50p to £1 on my puzzles at second-hand shops :)