Jigsaw puzzle season

Image No.1 A finished Jigsaw puzzle.

Image No.2 The same puzzle after the two cats had a five second fight.

558249_10201492425895027_228529588_n.jpg

1487247_10201492430135133_753275605_n.jp

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

On 1/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Scrolling back a bit in this thread, several of Compo's pictures seem to have disappeared.

Problems with my image hosting site Cliff Ton. I had to reduce my stored photos fromo 5,000 to 1,000 or risk them all being deleted by Flickr. Now back on Google images so hopefully it won't happen again.

• 1 month later...

WOW!  My sister collects Wasgij jigsaws and there are dozens of them on that stall. I've sent her the photo and although she lives in Northumbrland, she has a daughter in Nottingham who may be able to get out to Retford to take a look for her. What day is the market with jigsaws held? I notice from the internet that there are markets on Thursday and Saturday but a Bric-a-brac market on Friday - would this have been the Friday marlet, Rog?

• Like 2

I took that picture on a Thursday Compo, not sure whether he's there on a Saturday though,I'll check through my pictures to see if there's a contact number

Rog

Edit, just had a quick check on me pictures and no contact details, Thursday market, car park/bus station about five minutes walk to market, car park fee £1.90 for four hours

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Been over to Retford again today and spoke to the owner of the puzzles stall, he gave me his business card for you,some info for Carni and Compo and anyone else who's interested

P1070471.jpg

Retford_09.05_(3).jpg

Retford_09.05_(2).jpg

Hope the info is of some use

Rog

• Like 3

Can't see any of the images from the business card, Rog. can you repost them please?

• 4 weeks later...

My lad bought me a 1000piece jigsaw for Father's day. I put it together and found that it was two pieces short! The bag it came in was factory sealed so I don't know what's happened to the missing pieces. I am aways very careflu not to lose bits so I'm wondering if someone at the factory is having a joke?

1080_feda49c6-417f-410e-9458-35d0bb99acd

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That's a shame Compo. I know how frustrating it is to realise there is a piece missing. We are still doing 500 piece Jigsaws and on holiday in May we completed a Jigsaw only to find one missing. After moving the table leg we saw just peeping out from the skirting board a tiny piece of what looked like cardboard, Eureka,we must have knocked it off the table and kicked it out of view.  

PS Is there a title  for people who do Jigsaws........................................Steady now.:biggrin:

• Like 1

They are an assemblage puzzle solvers... no idea why, or who makes these things up.

• Like 2

Compo, you could always send your puzzle to BBCs 'Repair Shop' at Weald and Downland museum. They seem to be able to fix owt !! They've repaired jigsaws before, not that I watch it you understand.slywink

• Like 1

Been away 2 weeks now in our rental. Got through 3 1000 piece jigsaws so far, and found another Wasgij in the used bookstore. I love them, but they sure are a challenge.

• Like 1

No Phil, we have come up north to get out of the heat (going to be 111 today in Phoenix) but it is a quiet little town with not much to do unless you like touristy things. So I read a lot and do jigsaws. 

Oh no, we can't take the heat, that's why we holiday in England, there are still lots of places we want to visit in Great Britain . Well done Katyjay. It takes us about two weeks to complete two 500 piece Jigsaws, mind you we only do them on  rainy days and when we just want to chill in the apartment. I can't work on them for too long all the concentration gives me a headache and sends me boz eyed!:faint:

I once knew a pal who had a 1,000 piece jigsaw and the picture just a plate of baked beans !!

• Like 1