Jigsaw puzzle season

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

Just now, katyjay said:

I have to keep taking breaks to give my back a rest. Old? Moi?

Why ? You don't walk to the North carrying a sack of taters do ya Katy ?

1 minute ago, katyjay said:

I bet he was farting about, doing that one!

How the hell can you answer me so quickly ? What's your secret ?

19 hours ago, katyjay said:

\snip\ found another Wasgij in the used bookstore. I love them, but they sure are a challenge.

My sister collects Wasgij jigsaws but only buys them 2nd hand.

Me too. New ones over here on places like Amazon, are $21 upwards. This last one 1 got was $5.50. That'll do nicely.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

It's that time of yeaer once again folks! Here's my latest offerring. A Wasgij Destiny series puzzle. For those who aren't familiar with the Wasgij idea -- you are given a  picture and  have to work out what the actual image might be. In this case it is an airport from the 1920s/30s and you have to guess what the scene might look like 70yrs on.  Some are reverse pictures - you see what a person standing in the final puzzle image is seeing and have to reverse it to see what the people in the image on the box are seeing. Anyway here's the airport one:

IMG-5564-wasgij.jpg

• Like 1

Well Done Compo. It all sounds very complicated to me though. A puzzle in a puzzle in a puzzle.:faint: I think we will be sticking to the  Gibsons 500 piece Jigsaws for quite a while yet. 

As a matter of interest, what do you do with your Jigsaws once you have completed them. We have ours tucked away in the corner behind the Tele. The pile is getting taller. I can't part with them. Some of them have been so enjoyable, I look forward to doing them again.:)

Does anyone know if Bubblewrap is OK, and still doing his Jigsaws? He hasn't added any images for a while. Hope your OK BW. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Compo said:

It's that time of yeaer once again folks! Here's my latest offerring. A Wasgij Destiny series puzzle. For those who aren't familiar with the Wasgij idea -- you are given a  picture and  have to work out what the actual image might be. In this case it is an airport from the 1920s/30s and you have to guess what the scene might look like 70yrs on.  Some are reverse pictures - you see what a person standing in the final puzzle image is seeing and have to reverse it to see what the people in the image on the box are seeing. Anyway here's the airport one:

That can't be right Compo, you don't get a MGB TF doing 140 mph !!! Not even if it went over a cliff.

• Like 1

Carni: I keep some of my jigsaws to do again; some have pieces missing (Usually thos I buy from charity shops) - those are binned after use and when my sister visits, she raids my puzzle stash for herself. In return, I get some of hers.  I know what you mean about parting with them - I too have favourites that I will not part with.

• Like 1

KatyJay: I bought two Wasgij puzzles from a charity shop the other day. They were marked up at £3 each but the woman said they had been on the shelf for so long that she would happilyy take £5 for both.  I don't normally pay more than £1 for a 1000piece puzzle but I bought these with my sister in mind.  I bought a 1000 piece railway puzzle yesterday for £1 and I will do it over the Xmas period - after I have done the 2nd Wasgij one.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Waddo said:

That can't be right Compo, you don't get a MGB TF doing 140 mph !!! Not even if it went over a cliff.

Not too sure about that, Waddo. I worked with a bloke who had a thing about them and owned several. Reckoned they went like shit off a shovel and took at least one round the Nurburg.

Thought the Elise had the Toyota engine!. The one in the MG was a bag of s*'*, head gasket problems just for starters. And that's me, who was a avid BMC / Rover fanatic having owned many variants. 

My apologies, just remembered, it was the Elise 111s that had the Toyota engine. The others did have the ,'k' series engine. Still a bag of s***t !!

My Elise was a 111S with the Rover engine. They didn’t change to the Toyota unit until 2005. I was aware of the head gasket problem but didn’t experience it. It only had 4000 miles on when I bought it in 2013 and it only had about 7000 miles when I sold it so I don’t think the problem had time to manifest itself.

The latest jigsaw is a 1000 piece Wasgij destiny "Mutlins". On the box is Mutlins 1960 and the puzzle is circa 2000s

Wasgij-Mutlins.jpg

• Like 1

0-60 in around 12 seconds and a top speed of 108. It was quite quick in its day but not by modern standards. It had overdrive on third and fourth gears which was a useful addition. Harrison’s at Lowdham converted one to auto transmission for a lady in our village who was disabled.