Jigsaw puzzle season

The overdrive was optional, and I think the later one's only had it on 4th gear. Auto was also an option, my friend Dave had one and wished he had the manual instead.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

My 1970 J registration B GT had overdrive on third and top as standard. In 1977 overdrive became standard on fourth gear only. You never saw many of the three speed autos. I don’t think it was very popular. In those days it was unusual for a sports car to have auto transmission as most preferred a sports car with a stick shift.

Edit. I’ve just discovered that only 25% of B’s sold had overdrive which surprised me!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Brilliant CT, clicked on and did a puzzle. Took me 19 mins though.  Many thanks for the link.

• Like 1

Same as BK, many thanks for the link CT. Just completed 'Watter Joe', afraid it took me 34mins but Hey, no rush'. Really enjoyed it, i'm sure it will help keep my mind occupied over the next few weeks. thumbsup

Carni, I've now done a couple of pictures and it's  most enjoyable. It says you can share your times but looking at some of 'em , don't  think I'll bother. Thought I  did well on one at 12mins, but looking at the list, some clever buggers are doing them in 2mins and under. Think I'll  stick to 12 piece ones. Stay safe Carni.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Either I'm waaay too old and slow or there's a way to cheat! quickest score on the one I tried (No 276)  was 3:14! (I did 17:50),  took me longer to separate the pieces...   :angry:

• 5 months later...

The other day another wasgij puzzle arrived along with a puzzle mat. I'm fed up of when doing the puzzle the kitchen table is always occupied and the large pastry board I use is the correct size for the puzzle but the border tends to drop off. I ordered a large mat and when I opened it , it was huge. It takes a puzzle of up to 3000 pieces but also has a deep border so now it's too big for the table. I cut a strip off the length and now although it's still too big it's easier to manage. The new wasgij is Destiny "The Toy Shop"  . I think it will take me a while to do it looking at the pieces. There seem to be a million toys big, medium, small and tiny. A thousand cheeky faces and all sorts of animals. There's no clue either and when I've done these before the characters are in a similar position or have similar coloured clothes. The border is done so now tomorrow or Monday let's see how further I can go. I'm getting ready for a rainy week next week. Just going to look for the space station which is due to pass over in the next few minutes. Last night it was very clear and bright and was showing a red flashing light which I've not seen before. 

• Like 2

I'm  still using the Barnsley museum puzzle link that C.T posted a while back. Lots of simple time wasters on there. Isn't Wasgij puzzles in reverse, like a mirror image so it makes it more difficult?

• Like 2

Me too BK. I spend quite a lot of my relax time on the  site link that CT gave us. I usually stick to the 60 to 100 piece jigsaws, that way I can fit quite a few in one session. Do you know how to rotate the pieces?. I have only tried to tackle one, which needed the pieces to be moved around, as most of them are already the right way up. I can't see any instructions on how to rotate them? Any tips will be much appreciated.

Hiya Carni, how's life in the fast lane? Tell you wot miduck, I'll nip on there and have a look see. I do the hard ones, with 6 pieces, they're the mindbenders, ( I'm a bit thick you see). I'll get back to you on this thread as soon as I've  sorted it out. B.x

• Like 1

BK. Wasgij puzzles have a picture on the box, usually the characters are looking surprised at something.  The puzzle us the 'something'. Often the backs are showing of the box characters.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I'm  still using the Barnsley museum puzzle link that C.T posted a while back. Lots of simple time wasters on there. Isn't Wasgij puzzles in reverse, like a mirror image so it makes it more difficult?

BK This puzzle the toy shop is called destiny because the puzzle itself on the box is set about 20 - 30  yrs ago you have to puzzle out what it would be like today. 

Stuart has beat me to it Carni. Also I'm struggling to post pictures for some reason. When asked on Postimage to choose an image, this I do but instead of being able click onto Hotline to Forums, I just get put on a page of adverts, with no way of moving anywhere except return.

On a cold rainy day I get a lot of enjoyment and relaxation from that site, I am amazed at the content and variety of the puzzles too. Quite a few about Nottingham. I am a bit dubious about how people have done the puzzles in the times shown, they must be using the ghost image in the background which I think is cheating.

4 hours ago, carni said:

Thanks Stuart. I have just tried it by touch. No luck, I can't see the icon for left or right?

It must be puzzle dependant Carni, none I have done  needed pieces turning...

Agree with Oz some of the times posted seem ....   err...     unrealistic shall we say...