Jigsaw puzzle season

Well, I have tried again to get the rotating pieces. No luck. I use a laptop. It is not touch screen it is a pad. I chose the Christmas selection to try and solve my little hiccup. 

There are four Jigsaws that I presume need rotating as they have a little tilted jigsaw icon on the bottom right of jigsaw  pictures. I must be missing something (Hubbs reckons its a loose screw, been telling me for years). I have even tried the 'Flowers, Yellow and Red, that Stuart posted, but no Rotation Arrows came up.

I will keep trying, though there are plenty of  selections I can choose that don't need rotation. By the way, I agree, the times that people can complete the Jigsaws does make you wonder? 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

Brew, if you look at the puzzles a few have the pieces on an angle, these are the ones that can be turned.

I only did one and got fed up with that type.

Re the times, someone must have found a way of fiddling it, you couldn't move all the pieces into place even if you knew exactly where they went, in the times shown.

Like the 2 on the top left / centre

SxHGzj1.png

• 4 weeks later...

My two new Wasgij puzzles arrived yesterday. Looks like we have to stay in for a while as CV cases are increasing too quickly. They will keep me busy and keep my brain.from falling asleep. 

• Like 1

I don't personally believe those times Carni, nobody's that fast. I also sometimes change the numbers of pieces, if I like the image and there's not enough.

If it's Jigsaw planet you mean;

Then select a puzzle.

Along the top of the picture where it shows the Creator there is a  PLAY AS , click and a drop down preselect size list comes up, or go to the bottom CUSTOM  and you can set your own number of pieces.

• Like 1

You can also make it a full screen Carni, by clicking on the icon in bottom right corner of Stu's image above.

We're always here to help, fair maid.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I found this on the City Council website. Not only jigsaws, but Nottingham pictures as well.  I haven't tested them to check they actually work.

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/libraries/local-studies-and-family-history/online-jigsaw-puzzles/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=

• Like 1

Just finished the above puzzle. Its one of the original Wasgij puzzles , you imagine what someone sees, like the lady on the ball. I love these puzzles because you have nothing to go by only your imagination. This one got me stumped a few times especially with all the legs and arms.

When the puzzle is finished you can really see what its supposed to look like and the pieces you thought were something turn out to be nothing of the sort, like the soles on the gym shoes, I thought it was a type of chainlink fence:rolleyes:

BTW when you have finished your puzzle what do you do? Demolish it straightaway or leave it a while. It seems a shame to break it up straightaway but I now need the table space.