Jigsaw puzzle season

I always leave mine a couple of days on the board, so I can admire it, ha ha. Seems a shame to break it up straight away. Wish you were nearer Nonna, we could swap our Wasgij puzzles.

• Like 1
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's Jigsaw puzzle season once again. Here is my latest addition to the collection; 1000 pieces of 1950s dreams:#

Finally managed to get them on, thanks to sonny jim. Sorry but we have tried to crop the border and not successful.

Just done these

It was fortunate we weren’t permitted to ‘entertain’ this Christmas because we’ve had an unfinished 1000 piece jigsaw on the dining room table for about 2 months.  When it was finally completed a couple of days ago I had to dust it before breaking it up!   

• Like 2

Yep ! That's  the one Carni. If you type in Nottingham in the search panel, you'll get loads of notts jigsaws.

Wonder if it does Wes Midlands too? That area's a puzzle anyway.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, katyjay said:

I always leave mine a couple of days on the board, so I can admire it, ha ha. Seems a shame to break it up straight away. Wish you were nearer Nonna, we could swap our Wasgij puzzles.

Yes a good idea too Kath but postage would work out expensive, judging what a Christmas pressie cost.

3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

It was fortunate we weren’t permitted to ‘entertain’ this Christmas because we’ve had an unfinished 1000 piece jigsaw on the dining room table for about 2 months.  When it was finally completed a couple of days ago I had to dust it before breaking it up!   

Lizzie same here , my puzzle has been on the kitchen table for a couple of weeks. I push it to one side when we use it. It seats 10 so really there's plenty of room left but with pieces of puzzle lying around the excess space  is reduced. 

I one began one of those double sided jigsaws. I put a few dozen pieces together and then lost interest. I left it on a table and about a year later went back to it. The colours had faded, making it even more difficult to finish. I still have it to this day. I stuck the finished puzzle together with Blue Peter style "Sticky-back plastic" and keep it on my bedside table.

4 hours ago, Beekay said:

Wonder if it does Wes Midlands too? That area's a puzzle anyway.

I had a look BK. There is just about half a dozen. None very exciting. I completed the one of the lock, a place that we sit on a bench and watch the ducks. It is called Top lock, Broad St Basin, to get to that point we have just finished cycling a run of 21 locks, on the Birmingham Main Line. Always ready for a rest by then. The jigsaw is quite dull really, so I did it quickly with 63pieces, almost finished before I had started. it's just that it means something to us, being one of our favourite routes. Sentimental. :)

Not a lot to see, but if you sit quietly and look around you can feel the history, and with a bit of imagination you can conjure up images from many years ago when the lock would have been very busy with working barges . Not like today, with the holiday makers and their posh narrowboats. It's great to see the canals still in use, and more being opened up for the future.

The latest 1000 piece puzzle; a present from my little sister. Why is it that if you live in an old railway station people keep buying train stuff as presents?

IMG-6725.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe Compo, it's living where you do, people assume you are a railway enthusiast. I take it you don't want this pair of buffers and NCB Bestwood coal wagon then?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/6/2021 at 7:18 PM, Beekay said:

I take it you don't want this pair of buffers and NCB Bestwood coal wagon then?

Yes please! WANT!