Compo

Jigsaw puzzle season

There used to be such things as second-hand shops bu tnow it's hard to find one.  I know of a good one in Edinburgh but that's close on 300miles south of where I live.

In all the years of buying Jig Saws from Charity Shops, we have only ever had one with a missing piece...two actually. We usually pay up to £3.50, and if a piece is missing it goes straight in the bin when we have finished so no one else has the misfortune of buying it. At around £15 for a new 500 piece Gibson Jigsaw, we are happy to take the risk at the Charity shop. We have quite a pile now and  always take a couple on holiday for when we feel like relaxing. I dare say they will end up being donated back one day.:)

I was bought the John Speed historical county jigsaw of Notts for my birthday this year. What a shoddy product, and not cheap. 

Fully interlocking puzzles are becoming hard to find, Jim. There seems to be a trend towards oddly shaped pieces that only interlock when you put several together and surround them with interlocking pieces.

Image No.1 A finished Jigsaw puzzle.

Image No.2 The same puzzle after the two cats had a five second fight.

558249_10201492425895027_228529588_n.jpg

1487247_10201492430135133_753275605_n.jp

• Upvote 1

Ooops.  Just think compo........................You can do it all over again now!!!!! 

PS. How many pieces :faint:

• Like 1

Scrolling back a bit in this thread, several of Compo's pictures seem to have disappeared.

Maybe he's broken up the puzzles and put them back in their boxes.

• Like 1

Shame that..i have tried to complete

'Oyster Day At Oranmore'..if anyone has lady cyclists left ankle and nearside Anglia hub cap..i'd be ever so ....

On 1/19/2019 at 11:23 AM, Cliff Ton said:

Scrolling back a bit in this thread, several of Compo's pictures seem to have disappeared.

Problems with my image hosting site Cliff Ton. I had to reduce my stored photos fromo 5,000 to 1,000 or risk them all being deleted by Flickr. Now back on Google images so hopefully it won't happen again.

The perfect market stall for Carni and Compo, hundreds of puzzles on Retford market

Retford_(12).jpg

Rog

• Like 1

WOW!  My sister collects Wasgij jigsaws and there are dozens of them on that stall. I've sent her the photo and although she lives in Northumbrland, she has a daughter in Nottingham who may be able to get out to Retford to take a look for her. What day is the market with jigsaws held? I notice from the internet that there are markets on Thursday and Saturday but a Bric-a-brac market on Friday - would this have been the Friday marlet, Rog?

• Like 2

I took that picture on a Thursday Compo, not sure whether he's there on a Saturday though,I'll check through my pictures to see if there's a contact number

Rog

Edit, just had a quick check on me pictures and no contact details, Thursday market, car park/bus station about five minutes walk to market, car park fee £1.90 for four hours

• Like 1

Thanks, Rog. I'll pass the gen on.

Been over to Retford again today and spoke to the owner of the puzzles stall, he gave me his business card for you,some info for Carni and Compo and anyone else who's interested

P1070471.jpg

Retford_09.05_(3).jpg

Retford_09.05_(2).jpg

Hope the info is of some use

Rog

• Like 2

Might do mail order

Rog

Still got some pieces for those missing 

'the one' to complete their puzzles.

Can't see any of the images from the business card, Rog. can you repost them please?

let me know if this comes through Paul

P1070471.jpg

Rog