Turning The Clock Back.

I'd go back to 1979. I had one child in school, 1 in playgroup and a new baby. Trying to get the 2 eldest ready in the morning at the same time the baby needed a bottle, was hectic. Then had to fetch child 2 from playgroup at noon, just when baby needed his next bottle. It was a busy time, no car so had to frog it. I felt like that person in a circus that tries to keep all the plates spinning at the same time, but I'd take that time back in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 5

Trouble is if I go back in time I will change one little detail which could mean I won't end up where I am now, and I am very happy with our state of affairs to date.......however having said that maybe I could go back and just not do those one or two things that now make me cringe ( some words said in anger without thought, actions that I now regret, which only hurt me anyway) and maybe that wouldn't upset the status quo.

• Upvote 2

Must remember to turn the Sundial around a notch.... Oh hold on it'll be dark !

Smiffy

When I started the topic I thought about what period in my life I would return to. Oh, by the way, once you've returned to a period in your life, you don't have to stay there forever..lol
After a lot of thought I've decided that it would be the period in my life when Elvis Presley walked into the Sun Record Company in Memphis and recorded music that would change the World. It was the birth of Rock & Roll. For years people listened to the radio and heard Joe Loss, Jimmy Young, Lita Roza, Frank Sinatra and other 'nice' music being played. Then, around 1955, they heard Elvis. His music was sensational, music that nobody had heard before. When people first started to see him perform on stage they went crazy. He was good looking with a great voice and he was very humble. He sang rock & roll or rockabilly and you couldn't keep still as you listened to him. He also recorded some great ballads. I was a young lad when it all started and it was a fantastic period in my life. Elvis, then Little Richard, Fats Domino, Carl Perkins, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, and our own singers like Billy Fury, Cliff Richard and many others changed peoples lives forever. It's difficult to find the words to discribe this period but if you were around at the time then you'll understand the phenomenon of Elvis and Rock & Roll.
  • Upvote 3

I have never understood the drivel turned out by Elvis,and I won't forgive him for encouraging cliff bloody Richards,sorry I know they are adored by millions but to me it s a load of nothing ,and as for their films.

Newbasfordlad (#9), the 60's were a fantastic time in my life and I have so many great memories of this era. Seeing the Rolling Stones live on stage and also at Hyde Park after the death of Brian Jones. Seeing live acts around the UK like Bruce Springsteen, Tina Turner, Little Richard, Bo Diddley, the Everly Brothers, the Jaybirds (Ten Years After), Rory Gallagher & Taste and many more. Going to the pubs and clubs to see live bands, some great, some rubbish. Also, meeting, and later marrying, my wife. Yes, the 60's were also a great era.

Andy (#12), I've seen a lot of great singers and bands over the years but I really regret not seeing the Arthur Mullard & Hylda Baker duo. I'll look for old Top Of The Pops clips on YouTube and see if I can find them. :biggrin:

I'VE FOUND THEM...I really thought you was kidding, Andy..lol

• Upvote 2

Being a child with no worries or cares in the world!

I'm with Melissa on this one....bring back my childhood please.... :biggrin:

Let me start off again with what I know now!

• Upvote 1

I'm currently watching a prog about Robert Plant that I recorded Fri night. God, he's worn badly.

#12 Arthur Mullard was accused by his Daughter of sexually molesting her from a young age. From stories I read, many in the business knew of this too.

When I first saw this thread (yesterday) I thought it was about "turning the clocks back" (an hour) so apologises for my silly post #4

I'll have to go and think about a suitable (not silly) answer now......

Smiffy

I would go back to about 1965, and do the remaining school years and college over again. In retrospect, they were the easiest, and most fun times - and I could pick a different profession!

Not that I have any complaints - I enjoy my retirement here and could not see me living as an older adult in the U.K. - in any case, I'm off to Florida next week!

• Upvote 1

The problem with going back, would be making worse mistakes, I'm happy, made a few mistakes, but on the whole, I learned by them. I've enjoyed my life, I've done the things I wanted to do, enjoyed my work, my trade provided me with a good living.

• Upvote 2