Jack Bruce RIP

The great Jack Bruce has died aged 71, another sad loss.

Tonight I'll blast out Live Cream Vol 2. Magic memories.

• Upvote 2

Never tell your mother she's out of tune!

What a great performer! He will be missed.

Originally a classical cello player I believe without looking it up. I was always also under the impression that his feuds with Ginger Baker were the reason Cream broke up, he was after all omitted from the Blind Faith line up.

Perhaps he'll be currently teaming up with Alvin Stardust in the ether and showing each other a thing or two.

What's he been up to for the past 40 odd years tho, Clapton clearly eclipsed him, sad, he was a very talented man.

I was always also under the impression that his feuds with Ginger Baker were the reason Cream broke up, he was after all omitted from the Blind Faith line up.

Quite possibly the case but they must have made up because they worked together in the early 90's then reunited with Baker and Clapton for some concerts at the Albert Hall ( I went) maybe 10 years ago.

Jack Bruce was an amazing musician and songwriter.

When he got the gig with Manfred Mann he went and played the first date without even rehearsing the songs.

(Just winging it -so to speak).

I think he argued with everyone - not just Ginger Baker. He just had that kind of personality.

The couple of occasions I worked with him were not particularly pleasant and I got the impression that he was always causing friction between people. Clearly he had a drink problem.

Cream split up far too early in my opinion, but I think they'd just got fed up with each other.

He made far too many solo albums with just himself wailing at the piano. He was so much better playing bass or singing within a group.

It's quite often the case that an amazing musician or songwriter won't necessarily be a nice person.

I feel sad that Jack Bruce didn't do more, but I think his personal demons and drink problems caught up with him.

He'd had a liver transplant.

I'm sure that gave him a few more years, but he didn't look well.

I'll be playing some Cream classics tonight !

R.I.P. Jack

• Upvote 2

White Room, Badge, Spoonful. I'm So Glad. Brilliant !