Scunthorpe v Notts County.

Notts County stretched their unbeaten run to eleven games with a win at Scunthorpe. They got a late penalty that was put away by Zeli Ismail. The win took Notts County up into third place and on this form, though it's early days, they're looking good for promotion. Below is the match report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Scunthorpe-0-Notts-County-1-Match-report/story-23508007-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1

Andy !!!!!!!!! Just you remember your loyalties. Don't compliment Notts fans to much. They'll start getting carried away and gloating.

I may then have to resort to uncontrollable violence towards certain relatives.

• Upvote 1

You're really a Red at heart though Andy aren't you ? Andy, Andy, you are aren't you. FFS Andy, you are a Red aren't you !

For once I'm speechless, and if don't like it one bit !!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I've had a good think, and I begrudgingly respect people who can support one and like another also.

But !!!! What about B'ham / Villa, Arsenal / Spurs, Scousers / Everton, City / United, Rangers / Celtic, Ipswich / Norwich, Sheffield Wed & United. N'castle / Sunderland etc etc. the fans of these clubs hate each other. I wonder if they converse on a local forum like we do.

• Upvote 1

What were you wearing, your Notts kit or the duck outfit. LOL

Iveta is better than Ola so there. Tess is best though.

• Upvote 1

I remember some playground banter and argument in the 40's early 50's (Berridge) about who was the most loyal. Maggies or reds? One lad reckoned that because I supported 'County' that my support was not for the City of Nottingham. He claimed that the Reds were the true city team. I pointed out that the Maggies were on the city side of the river, whereas Forest were out near bread and lard island where all the cricket and rowing toffs hung out. The Maggies was deffo for the city boys and represented us with amazing International players. Forest - what a lot of pretenders!

Another history lesson , zzzzzzzzzzz LOL

• Upvote 1

When I moved to Stafford over 45 years ago i went to a few Stoke matches and talked football in the pub. Back home the Maggies were past their glory days and were overshadowed by Forest. However the Maggies supporters stuck to their team quite fiercely, although the underdogs. I found a similar situation here with Stoke and Port Vale. Like Maggies supporters, Port Vale supporter were hardened and could take a lot of pain. Stoke of course were the other team to found the league with County (history lesson for basfordbred zzzz LOL) and had such stars as Matthews, Banks and Eastam.

Oddly enough I am not a keen football fan but the Maggies are in my blood.

• Upvote 1

What were you wearing, your Notts kit or the duck outfit. LOL

Iveta is better than Ola so there. Tess is best though.

Duck outfit of course :) .... I've loved Ola for a long time & would feel disloyal if I went for someone else, but Iveta is a bit phwoar..

Afraid she's a goner tonight.

One thing cheered me up this weekend , the delightful Zoe Ball deputising for Claudia on Strictly. Only saw it this afternoon as I recorded it due to family commitments.

Tess and Zoe, what do you do. Eenie, meenie, minie. mo.

• Upvote 1