A setting on the forums you might 'like' ?

Did you know that its possible to receive email notifications of members 'liking' your posts.

Here:

Nottstalgia Nottingham Forums / My control panel / Settings / Notification Options> Notify me when someone 'likes' my posts

or from this link http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

You can also fine tune other settings there.

At the top of the page, above the search box, we have the Messenger and Notification options as well as our Profile and sign in and out option.

The Notification option stopped functioning for me at 12:11am on Sept 14th 2014. The last registered Like from Trevor S.

The notification used to light up red and state the number of Notifictions to be read. After they were read the light would go off!

When I looked In the Settings, this option can't be ticked as it is grayed out so is disabled. It was nice to see who liked posts and also quotes. It's a shame when multiple likes are given, but you only know who the named people are.

• Upvote 1

I'm with you, Carnie; same thing happened to me on September 14th. The Settings boxes will not accept ticks. However, you can see who has ticked the Likes tab by clicking on to your Avatar photo and then clicking on Likes in the list.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 month later...

Mick, I can't set Notify me when someone likes my post. The option is greyed out. The option next to it for Email notification will accept a tick?

The little notification icon at the top right of the page, used to light up with the number of likes. That has been out of action since Sept14th?

My last recorded name from a like was Sept 14th from Trevor S. But today, all of the list has gone and when I click on the Icon, it says; You do not have any Notifications?

Good Luck Mick.

• Upvote 2

Mick, I can't set Notify me when someone likes my post. The option is greyed out. The option next to it for Email notification will accept a tick?

Carni

It's possible for Admins to log in and check your settings.

It was possible for me to set email notifications for 'Likes' and when your posts are quoted?

I just go into my own profile and click likes. Simples !!

Mick, I am happy for admin to check my settings anytime. If I click the Notification at the top of the page, between PM,s and Profile Icons, I still get nothing. Something has changed because my Notification listed ended with TrevorS on 14th Sept, now all of that information has gone as well. It was useful to have Notification light up, so you were alerted to who had given a Like and what for. Thank you for seeing what can be done to put it back to how it was before.

• Upvote 1

Er, Mick. You couldn't do the same for me, could you please? As per carni I have nothing since Sept 14th, but I can check the Likes by clicking on my photo, but not evidence that my posts have been quoted.

Thankyou Mick, I have looked at my Emails and there are messages with quotes and likes in.

The point I am trying to make is, at the top right of the page we have four options.

Messages Notifications my Profile Sign out

The Notification Icon is now defunct. Up until it stopped working on Sept 14th, it would light up when a like was given, and also list the names of the people who had given them. When I clicked it yesterday, even the record of names has now gone? It just seems a shame, I thought it was quite a useful extra.

• Upvote 2

Er, Mick. You couldn't do the same for me, could you please?

I have set email notification for Quotes and likes and removed reply notification email for replies to every topic you participate in?

A slight problem this morning. The message envelope is replaced by cliff tons profile pic, and the notification icon is replaced by loppylugs pic. If I get a PM, will cliff tons nose light up.

Seriously, this is what is showing this morning.

• Upvote 2

#11. Something has happened. I am now getting emails telling me that a member has liked a post I made. OK but, getting back to the Notification tab, when I click on it I get 'You do not have any notifications'. When I click on 'View all notifications' I get a list of all my PM correspondence. Unless my memory is playing tricks, I thought that before September 14th I got the Likes listed in Notifications. As mentioned before, I click on my avatar to get list of Likes.

Mick, is everything as should be now?

Chulla

I have set email notification for Quotes and likes and removed reply notification email for replies to every topic you participate in?

In your profile I see your likes up until today

• 7 months later...

I've just been having a look through various posts to get up to date.

Where appropriate I have added a "like" to show my "liking" of particular posts.

Not seen this before, but I have just had a notification appear on my screen saying something like this... You have reached your maximum quota of positives for the day.

Anyone know how I get around this as there are other posts I want to like, but if I wait until tomorrow I will have forgotten what they are.

Here is the wording from the screen:-

An error occurred.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I just went through an old thread and added 20 "Likes" to the posts in it. Nothing happened (although I've now removed them all) so I don't have a limit, even if you have one. So I'm not sure how your problem has occurred. Wait till an Admin person reads this thread and maybe they can do something further.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cliff Ton (Lol - just went to "like" your post but there's that message again..)

The maximum amount of reputation points is a Member Group property and not allocated per member account.

All members are currently set at 50 per 24hour period.

• Upvote 1

A bit off topic maybe, but I can no longer find the emoticons. It is the same on my Ipad and my laptop. Not a big issue but it is nice to be able to indicate when you are just kidding etc.