A setting on the forums you might 'like' ?

Thanks for the explanation Mick2me.

Without thinking I've just tried to "like" your post but I guess that I'll have to wait until the next time I log on now (If after 24 hours I can then perhaps remember what it was I was going to like.....)

I enjoy reading through all of the topics on Nottstalgia every few days and I see lots of things to "Like" so I suppose I will have to be more selective in the future.

Is there some technical reason as to why it is set at 50? (just wondered, being a non techi)

Still can't "like" posts.... :-(

Will try again tomorrow maybe.

It is default at 20, I increased it a long time ago.

Only server load, I think, Which has given us problems in the past?

Now set to 99

• Upvote 1

My screen does not look like the one you displayed, Mick. It has a bar down the side where there is a checkbox for enable emoticons and it is checked. There is no display allowing for bold italic etc. either.. I'll check it out a bit more later. Gotta run out. This morning. Thanks.

Thanks for the explanation mick2me , all back to working order now so will go steady on the like button!

Well thanks anyway, I appreciate the way you and the mods run the site. Writing this on my Ipad. No change there still no emoticons. Like I said it's not a big deal, but I'm just curious to try to find out why. :-)

There are differences in appearance to the site - and many other sites - depending on how you are viewing it. You can see a lot more options and extras using a desktop computer with big screen, compared to what you might see on a phone or tablet. Websites note how you are viewing them and run an appropriate version of their material.

I use an iMac and an Amazon Fire tablet; with some websites there's a massive difference on what I see.

Just made an interesting discovery. Logged on to my laptop and Nottstalgia and no emoticons again. I run a little app called "Noscript" in Firefox. I opened it up and found that among others it was blocking a script called "ajax googleapis.com" Told it to allow that and now the emoticons are back. Just wondering what Google has to do with my use of emoticons. What else are they watching????? Hmmmmmm!

According to Invision support forums, there is some use made by adding 'googleapis.com', but I have never added it.

Unless any plug ins use it?

You've bleddy lost me I think i'll just carry on and hope for the best. think about some of us ode uns Mick, Simplify as much as yer can please.

• Upvote 1

If you don't understand it, don't worry about it, unless something stops working.

I regularly receive emails or messages, that someone cant see this or that or the other does not work?

What usually happens is they are using some other method to access Nottstalgia.

If you ask me about Kindle, I would not have a clue. Also as in #37 we find the member may be using some

type of security software that wrongly recognises a script on our board as a threat and blocks it?

This board runs on Invisionpower, which I pay for every year, so I am confident that there are no issues of concern.

It is regularly updated with new developments, and there is one currently awaiting installation, when I get time.

According to Invision support forums, there is some use made by adding 'googleapis.com', but I have never added it.

Unless any plug ins use it?

Without doing anything, I have quite a few "Googleapis" cookies. They've appeared automatically.

google.jpg