Well what a week!

We decided to up-grade our broadband as we keep getting message's from BT that we had gone over our limit. It took us two weeks to decide what package we wanted, we ended up going for infinity bt 2. filled in all questions arrange monies and waited for our server modem to arrive, BT kept us up to date via e-mail.

The day came and the package arrived on time it looked very smart at the side of the TV, we had to have a contract with BT for two years. SIMPLE or so we thought until our postman put a letter though the letter box and what did the letter say? BT was offering our package FREE for a year. This was of course the one we had signed up for. So got on the phone and ask if we could have the free year, no quibble we can cancel the first contract and make out a new one. First can you send the server back to us, but don't I want the server? Yes! but before we can send out a new server we want the old/new one back. So you mean that I am going to send my server back only for you to send back to me the same one? YES! OK. We did not have any bag to send it back in BT had told us that we should have a bag in the parcel. Phoned BT again ask about the bag for return after taking 10 min to explain BT agreed to send us a bag for return. Put server in bag went down to PO got proof of postage. Next day after returning from shopping had a post card from PO to say left parcel in shed, went to get the parcel and guess what! our server had been returned to us the PO chap had only put our address over the return address.

Will keep member's informed

WHATCH THIS SPACE!

• Upvote 3

You have to assume you are being conned ,and of course you are no matter what company you use for your utilities ,trying to work out the con is the thing if you can work it out usually you can negotiate about £30 compensation little help when you have just been conned into a contract.

We have just moved house, and against my better judgement went with BT. However, the engineer who visited, connected broadband to someone elses phone line, not ours - i sort of sensed something might be amiss when he said "leave it for half an hour before you plug the router in" , as he drove away.

Since that day we have been on the phone to BT for a total of over 6 hours, speaking to 14 different people. I wont bore you with the whole, still ongoing story, but here's just a taste of what was to come- First we had to battle through a voice activated system and eventually got through to a lady in India,or Pakistan, who's name i could not even begin to pronounce or write down. To be fair, she quite quickly established that our broadband had been connected to another line and not the one i was calling from.

However, when i asked how they were going to sort it, she said that I would need to speak to an engineer. When i asked how i could do that she put the phone down on me. That was just the beginning.

Nobody has any incentive to resolve anything. All they do is transfer you to someone else, who, if they bother to pick up the phone, tell you that you shouldn't have been transferred to that person anyway, and transfer you again.

The original deal was a very good one, however they reckoned that the only way out of this mess they created was for us to terminate the contract,and start again. So we went with it. This has resulted in a bill for £256 for ending the contract early, and to cap it all their computer wouldn't input our original deal, so they have put us on their most expensive tariff.

The latest is that we have a designated lady in Leicester (england) who is trying to sort out this sorry mess, and even she estimates that it will be January 2015 before she can finish killing off all the paperwork and bills their computer is spitting out

What a way to run a company..

Computers making things easier, utter rubbish!

Best of luck, you'll need it !

Getting to be the same everywhere with all large companies. Automated voicemail because they are too cheap to pay a phone operator a living wage. Then constant buck passing in the hopes you will just go away. Then the last one you speak to before tearing your hair out will have been instructed to say, "thank you for being an XYZ customer, I hope I have been of assistance to you, have a nice day." By now your blood pressure is so high you may not be back for seconds.

2nd verse

well members it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this world of new system's.

Took BT parcel Sat to PO To return only to find closes at 12 30, Went back Monday, big queue outside, this is going to big a long job (I said to myself) but a bowling friend of ours had collapsed and they were waiting for ambulance, so I for gave him, Dog was fixed to his scoter so told his wife not to worry as I would look after Sally (dog) while she went to the hospital. Master could not belive his eyes when I returned from PO with parcel under my arm and a dog in tow. Friend is on the mend Dog returned.

Changing our broad band to infinity did mean that our phone which was connected to the internet via its stand was obsolete so BT advised to update the phone.

New phone arrived master could not wait to get into it, bored with trying to get it to work passed it over to me to input all friends. Took about 5hours after reading booklet.

The new phone did not want to connect to it's stand so master (instead of reading booklet) sat there pressing every button possible. It must be a man thing as he did not want to hand it over for me to look at. Just the same when in the car sat-nav says turn right what this one? Master says when we have passed three right turns.

Master finely got bored and did give me the phone I used the booklet and Hay-presto connected.

Thursday we are supposed to be on the new system. Watch this space.

Threatening to report to ombudsmen ,when they are playing silly boggers sometimes helps,but good luck to anyone who is dealing with these fiddling morons,it is true that something is done about all these utilities companies that cause so much stress,privatisation gave freedom to all these companies to behave like crooks and thugs.

Change over day

Well I am going to give BT a gold star, after a few hic-cups we have got a new phone, more programs on the box (still nothing worth watching) and more inter-net all free for a year!!!

Won't have any thing said against them.

Well Done BT

No need to watch this space anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it me?

just returned from Lanzor-grotty we thought everything from BT would be working, "not so" master went to use his e-mail, message from BT, because you have cancelled your contract with BT you will no longer be able to get your e-mails! Can't remember cancelling any contract just went from BT phone/internet/ to BT infinity, spent all return day on the computer/phone speaking to someone in India, still master can't get his e-mails. Watch this space!

Well what can I say about holls!

Went with a few friends 23 of us it added up to. First night one of our friends moved glass top table to make more room YES you've guess it the glass slipped off hitting the table that was next to it smashed one glass top and tipped the other table up spilling, all the drinks over the other friends. Management not amused.

Well we should have had sunshine but no it rained and rained and rained, floods all though the hotel, a couple of our friends had to move hotels as water was flowing into their room, on return to our hotel they were given another room (still it rained) lady of couple put some washing on balcony only to see it floating away dashed out side to get her washing, only to slip and hit a table and wall. (walls don't move) Well she looked as though she had been in a boxing ring. Now though on the mend. Did not end here though one of the friend's suggested that we all play Euro Million's , money collected and muggings here offed to go and put it on. Twenty min's it took to walk to the shop only to find it closed, till 5 o clock went back then, machine water logged, called next day still unlucky finely two days later put lottery on. Then silly me lost ticket, did find it. Finely found it had slipped under the bed, WON! WON! WON! 13euros WOW!. The good thing that came out of holls though was me telling my friend Brian about our site hopefully he will join us. I'm still waiting for BT to phone though.

""IS IT ME""

My problems with bt are supposedly at an end, but not before they stole a further £244 from my account without warning, causing mayhem for me.

They very quickly did a telegraphic transfer back to me of a total of £410 in stolen money of mine when i told them. Even after that and over 6 hours on the phone to them, to get back the bank charges they had caused, they wanted copies of my bank statements and a letter from the bank stating that the charges were a direct result of their theft..

Very reluctantly they offered twenty five quid compensation, which didnt even cover the lost amazon vouchers, which was why i went for the deal in the first place. Finally got £50.

sorry did not see Sid & Babs just rain,rain, and more rain

Mary,

If you don't get it sorted, send an email outlining your problems to gavin.e.patterson@bt.com. He's the Chief Exec of BT Group and has an office that handles complaints where you're getting no satisfaction.

Include your phone number and, if you can find it on your phone bill, your BT account number.

They usually get back to you in a matter of hours.

At last master's E-Mail's are sorted but not before I myself e-mailed BT. I said I was sick of master using my E-Mail address as well as reading my e-mails he was taken advantage of my good nature and giving my e-mail address has his own. In my e-mail to BT I said that I would like to speak to someone in the UK not from India as I could not understand what they were saying. Did this do any good I don't know but on the 6th Dec master was jumping with joy at last he had his e-mails BT said it was a tec problem and he was not the only one to lose e-mails, if you believe that then father Christmas won't visit you. Hopefully now matter closed. Just have to change password for my e-mails.