Bargains, Offers around town

I thought I'd start this thread after going into W H Smith's this morning.

They have a lot of books and other items on offer but what I thought was a great bargain this time of the year were their Boxes of Christmas Cards - All at half price including charity ones. They have a wide selection and if you send quite a few it may be worth considering. The offer doesn't apply to single cards.

Have you come across any bargains?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

6 Pairs of ''black Ralph Lauren socks'''  on Bulwell market yesterday for a 'fiver''.........,,,looked on line today prices start at over £9.and up to 30 odd £,,

They must be 'seconds' or dropped off the back of a lorry!   But I'm sure your little tootsies will love them

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

looked on line today prices start at over £9.and up to 30 odd 

Are they odd socks, Ben?  You may have discovered the world's odd sock nexus...Bulwell market, of all the places in the multiverse!

• Like 2

Of  course they were genuine,,just because he was wearing dark glasses and he was stood in an empty shop doorway,,,don't mean owt......lol

• Like 1

My old mum was shopping once on Bulwell market, after a carpet. Not only did she manage to get the bloke to knock 15 quid off, she talked him into fitting it for free for her! Her favourite saying on any free sample was -" I'm  a pensioner, can I  have two ?".

• Like 1

Always liked me Socks,,,,right from my Fluorescent days,,,remember them?  tight Jeans,,Bouncy thick soled shoes,,,and Fluorescent (yellow or pink) socks,,,Dancing the night away,,,,

Never worn 'House slippers'  if i do take me shoes off in the house,,,i put on a pair of thick 'Hiking''socks,,,,blue,red or white,,,

Work socks to me have always been 'Black' and mostly knee length,,,like all me underclothes tight,,,nice secure feeling,,,  never go/do anything 'Barefooted...........apart from Shower........lol

Must be a big sock if it's  got a bed in!

Remember Totes, thick socks that have non slip pads on the sole

I remember fluorescent socks - I had 3 pairs - lime green, orange and pink. I loved them.  One day, I went to a friend's house in Gedling and we went for a walk on some fields somewhere up Wood Lane.  We took our shoes off to walk on the grass and  my beautiful orange socks got grass stained (or greenfly?)   The stains didn't come out .... or maybe my mum didn't try too hard to get them out as she didn't really approve of the socks!

I remember some of the lads used turn up their trousers a couple of inches, so their socks could be seen.

• 1 year later...