Nottingham Forest v Brentford.

Forest have now gone ten games without a win and their opponents are finding it far too easy to score. Forest need to go on a good run and start picking up some points. Once they put a couple of wins together the confidence will return and they'll start challenging for promotion again.

Below is the Match Report.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-1-Brentford-3-Match-report/story-24230514-detail/story.html

• Upvote 1

It's that bloody Wilson. Never rated him !!!!!!

That was almost amusing the first time I heard it !

Very dispirited! Thought that if I wait until this morning to check the result then I would be pleased see a win !

By the by B/Red, if Tommy Wilson is still playing I'm not surprised we're struggling, he was great in the late 50`s and early 60`s, but he's older than me and should have retired years ago!

• Upvote 1

I think he hung up his boots a while ago Commo. He couldn't be any worse than this bunch.

They don't look like a team that's out of form they just look useless,I did warn when they started well that it is now a trait at forest when they get near the top of the table they cack themselves and get away from the top asap,talk of more loan players in the paper today,players won't mind

they can manage on what they earn,if they went elsewhere they might end up at a club where they can't party and have to do some work ,who'd be a footballer,sorry fido kicker(light ball).

The thing that disappoints me the most is that at the beginning of the season, everybody who was anybody in football were saying that Forest had probably the strongest squad and were certain favourites for promotion. Why then have we gone ten games without a win?. And, like Annesleyred1865 stated, was Assombalonga left on the bench until half-time. It couldn't have been because he was tired as the season has only been going a few weeks. Dave 48's video (#2) of the goals show how poor Forest's defence were. They were that poor it made me think they were doing it on purpose. Now there's a thought. I still think that Forest will turn things round and get back to winning ways. There's still most of the season left and, like Stuart Pearce told his players, we must keep smiling.

• Upvote 2

As I said on a previous topic. You play your strongest 11at ALL times.

Cloughie did and we won the 1st Div Championship with about 14 players.

• Upvote 3

They don't look like a team that's out of form they just look useless,I did warn when they started well that it is now a trait at forest when they get near the top of the table they cack themselves and get away from the top asap,talk of more loan players in the paper today,players won't mind

they can manage on what they earn,if they went elsewhere they might end up at a club where they can't party and have to do some work ,who'd be a footballer,sorry fido kicker(light ball).

Think you meant Frido although the way Forest are playing at the moment they might as well kick the dog (Fido).

I bet Fawaz goes home and kicks the cat and if things don't improve he'll be kicking Psycho's backside as well.

Frido balls were quite an innovation in the 50s. There were red and white ones which made a lovely pinging noise when you kicked them and they didn't give you a headache when you headed them! I seem to recall there was also a bit of yellow tape that you stuck over the brass valve presumably to keep the dirt out. The only downside was that they were so light you couldn't play football with them on a windy day.

I had a lovely white one for my birthday in the late 1950s. It only lasted about 5 minutes though because I kicked it into a thorn bush in our garden and punctured it. I tried to fix it with a special tool that you heated up on the gas stove but I just finished up making a big hole. I was gutted because it was such a lovely ball.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...